Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another Sleeping question

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:14 PM
  • 10 Replies

So my DD is 2 1/2 and has always slept very well for us. She slept through the night from the day she was born. Has always slept in her own room form day one and always slept at least 15 hours a night. All of the sudden she will only sleep in our bed with us.  When we try to put her in her bed she screams that the monkies are coming(i have no idea what that means). We have always used the CIO method but nothing is working, she would cry for hours it we let her(we dont) She keeps saying that her room is scary and when i ask her where it is scary she point to one spot on the wall

We have tried putting wall stickers on that spot, tried glow in the dark stars, i even let her paint it with finger paints, but she still wont go in. We are letting her sleep with lights on and everything. Now it is to the point that she will not even play in her room during the day.

She has been sleeping in her play pen in our room for 2 weeks now and the last few night she wont even do that, she will only sleep in our bed with us. She will also not go to sleep until i do.

Do you ladies think that i am just spoiling her? Does anyone have any other ideas. We are TTC and this is not helping!!!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissAndrea125
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Maybe there is a ghost in her room. Not to freak you out or anything, and I personally don't even know if I believe in all that stuff becasue I have never seen one. But I think it is possible.

nikkm0113
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:17 PM

I am so sorry your daughter is going through with this and I do not even know if there is such thing as ghots, but do you think she sees a ghost in there??

ConnorsMommy521
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:18 PM

Have you tried staying in her room with her until she falls asleep.  No eye contact, no talking, you just being there.  This is tough, my little one would try to look at me any way he could.  He wasn't crying or screaming.  It took a while but he finally went down.

I've heard that if you say the monsters (monkeys) are all gone, then that validates that they were there in the first place.  So just try to let her know that there wern't any monkeys there.

Oh, did she watch the wizard of oz?  Those flying monkeys are scary.....

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
AFWifeNMom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:18 PM

The house that we live in was previosly owed by my grandmother, she is still living and was here to visit last weekend and saw DD's behavior first hand, she said that when she lived here she thought she saw a ghost.

AFWifeNMom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:19 PM

Well a few night it was Alligators that were gettin gher, i think it has something to do with the song about the monkeys teasing the alligators, my mom calls her Kailey monkey

Quoting ConnorsMommy521:

Have you tried staying in her room with her until she falls asleep.  No eye contact, no talking, you just being there.  This is tough, my little one would try to look at me any way he could.  He wasn't crying or screaming.  It took a while but he finally went down.

I've heard that if you say the monsters (monkeys) are all gone, then that validates that they were there in the first place.  So just try to let her know that there wern't any monkeys there.

Oh, did she watch the wizard of oz?  Those flying monkeys are scary.....

nikkm0113
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Wow!!!! I would say then maybe it is a ghost.

Quoting AFWifeNMom:

The house that we live in was previosly owed by my grandmother, she is still living and was here to visit last weekend and saw DD's behavior first hand, she said that when she lived here she thought she saw a ghost.

AFWifeNMom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Does anyone know how to "get rid" of it?

nikkm0113
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:22 PM

You can try to google it. I will look for you as well.

Quoting AFWifeNMom:

nikkm0113
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:30 PM

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/LA-GhostlyLegends4.html

http://www.angelsghosts.com/how_to_get_rid_of_ghosts.html

Few sites here!!!

Quoting AFWifeNMom:

JAX_Mami
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:32 PM

burn sage...i don't know if it works but that's what my mom did.

BUT

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)