Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 1 year old has NO teeth! Poll added!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:18 PM
  • 46 Replies

Poll

Question: How old was you baby when thier first teeth came in? I am curious to see just how common it is.

Options:

0-6 months

6-9 months

9-12 months

Older than 12 months

What teeth?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 144

View Results

My DD turned 1 on Sunday and still has NO teeth.  We see the Pedi on the 6th and I will ask questions.  How normal is this?  How much longer?  She wants to eat food so badly but its too hard.  She still has problems with stage three foods.  I have always heard that you take them off formula and transition to food a 1 but she cant chew anything.  Please help.  I need advise or at least to feel I am not alone.  I sound crazy, I know!  I just want to make sure she is getting all the nutrition she needs

shrugging

Thank you ladies for making a sad Momma feel better.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tfmmpmmdmmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:20 PM

My son was 13 months and my daughters were both 15 months when they got their first tooth. You are not alone, lol.

evangelia1979
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:22 PM
My son didnt get his teeth 'till he was 1. then they all came out almost one right after the other. As for the food, just make it extra soft and mash it up. My son ate table food at that age as well. Good Luck!
mckennasmum
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Its so hard to feed her.  I mash everything alot.  She is also lactose intolerant. Which only makes it harder.  I just feel stuck.  She wants solid foods so bad that she is starting to fuss for them. 

melissa089
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:27 PM

my bf cousins baby turned 1 in Dec and she still has no teeth... my girls got their two bottom teeth when they were 5 mths.... every baby is different. when i tell people my girls have teeth already they are all shocked lol.  

tfmmpmmdmmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:28 PM

I would let her start eating solids that are soft. Like bitter biscuits and Ritz crakers. Spaghetti is good.

Quoting mckennasmum:

Its so hard to feed her.  I mash everything alot.  She is also lactose intolerant. Which only makes it harder.  I just feel stuck.  She wants solid foods so bad that she is starting to fuss for them. 

KittyD

my oldest was late with his teeth but when he got the first two the rest followed right after it was weird lol

KittyD ~ Stop By My Page & Sign my Guest Book!

melissa089

what about apple sauce? and the peas and carrots? or have you tried the rice cereal?

Quoting mckennasmum:

whisperindragan
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:29 PM

aww, thats so adorable!! Cant say Ive been there though, my son grew teeth right away..

Whisperingdragon's Sewing Lesson's. Click my 'sewing machine' and join us!!

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
    (")_(") help him gain world domination

mckennasmum
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:34 PM

She eats alot of vegies and fruits but she still had some difficulty with the stage 3 foods.  They have slightly bigger chunks of pastas and veggies and sometimes she still gags a little on them or she will spit the chunks out.  I show her how to chew (I make big exagerated chewing motions and she mimicks) and that helps some.  I just feel lost.  She is ahead on everything else except this.  Everyone keeps giving me a hard timie.  I was in the party store a week ago and ran into another mom who was also shopping for her DD first bday and her baby had 12 teeth.  12!  I was shocked.  I know I should not listen to everyone else but I cant help it.

tfmmpmmdmmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:36 PM

My daughter went from stage 2 to solids. Even at 1 yr also she choked on the stage 3.

Quoting mckennasmum:

She eats alot of vegies and fruits but she still had some difficulty with the stage 3 foods.  They have slightly bigger chunks of pastas and veggies and sometimes she still gags a little on them or she will spit the chunks out.  I show her how to chew (I make big exagerated chewing motions and she mimicks) and that helps some.  I just feel lost.  She is ahead on everything else except this.  Everyone keeps giving me a hard timie.  I was in the party store a week ago and ran into another mom who was also shopping for her DD first bday and her baby had 12 teeth.  12!  I was shocked.  I know I should not listen to everyone else but I cant help it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)