Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any tips on going from crib to big boy bed? PIOG

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:33 PM
  • 26 Replies

We bought Ethan his backyardigans "big boy" bed but he hates it. Screams and bangs on his door til we give in and then when he finally does fall asleep its only for a few hours then he is back in my room screaming. Naps are even worse. So does anyone have any advice on how to get him to stay and sleep in the big boy bed? BTW he is almost 18 months so plenty old enough to switch.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ethansmommy8907
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:39 PM

No one?

Ethansmommy8907
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Wow so because its an honest question and not drama its ignored.....nice ladies

NEWMOMOF1
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:45 PM

HEY. WE HAVEN'T DONE THE SWITCH YET. AND MY SON IS 2. I HAVE NO ADVICE BUT, I WANTED TO REPLY AND PUT A BUMP IN IT FOR YA.

Triplestack318
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:45 PM

I don't really have any advice. but I'll give you a bump so hopefully other moms see the post.

Good Luck!

bump

LEJOLIE
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:46 PM

aww i read it but didnt want to say 18 months  old enough? my son is near 2 and im not thinking about it yet.so i kept shut so you dont think im staeting drama... dont know mama .maybe keep the door open?

Quoting Ethansmommy8907:

Wow so because its an honest question and not drama its ignored.....nice ladies

Naturleigh8
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Try getting in and laying in it to show him that its okay to sleep in it. My son hated his crib and loves his big boy bed so sorry if im no help!

jenn962
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:50 PM

I was actually thinking ... wow, my daughter is 19-months and I havent even CONSIDERED putting her in a big bed. Good luck to you brave woman:-)

kissing

Ethansmommy8907
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:50 PM

He is Mama's lil climber....we had to switch.

jenn962
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:52 PM

Quoting Ethansmommy8907:

He is Mama's lil climber....we had to switch.

haha, mine does too -- fortunatly i was able to lower it one last time..... the day is coming...

kissing

bphockeymom20
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:54 PM

We had that problem with our son at the same age. The only thing that worked was letting him fall asleep with us and then putting him in his bed so when he wakes up he's in his bed. He eventually understood that it was cool sleeping in a big boy bed. I think it just takes a lot of time and patience. We got lucky with our daughter, she usually goes right to sleep (we switched her right after Christmas, which is also after her 2nd birthday). She loves it she also loves sleeping though, LOL. Maybe try laying down in his room with him. IDK, I hope some of that helped. Hope he gets used to it, Good luck!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)