Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QUESTIONS 4 TATTOO MOMMAS

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:44 PM
  • 12 Replies

SO EARLIER I SAW A POST OF A LADY SHOWING OFF HER NEW TATTOO...I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED A TATTOO OR TATTOOS..  I WANT MY DADS DEATH DATE, MY SONS BIRTHDATE AND A LILLY IN THIS TATTOO. BUT THATS ALL I GOT.... I DONT WANT IT BIG.... BEFORE I HAD MY SON I THOUGHT I WOULD JUST HAVE MY DAD DEATH DATE ON MY WRIST. BUT I DONT KNOW... I NEED IDEAS... THX!

having chocolatetreadmilltoddler boy
I'm a non cosleeping, disposable diapering, non-cio, chocolate lover, vaccinating, going to the gym, tv watching, circumcising, pit-bull owning, scrapbooking, camera ready, front facing car seat, non-boobie momma to a very active cute little man! 

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rosebeliever
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Find a good tattoo artist and explain to him/her what you want. If they are good they will work with you! Good luck! I love ur ideas. 

bcarmona
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:46 PM

It sounds like you're on to something really nice.  I would recommend going to a couple of different tattoo shops in your area and see what the artist thinks and how much they would charge. 

lrj42685
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:47 PM

If you have friends that have tats ask them where they got theirs done and by who ask them about their experience.. research local artists in your area review their work. Whne you find someone and somewhere you are comfy with take your basic idea in and ask them to help you draw something up... be prepared to pay them for this some charge some dont... know that good work costs!

Rhynestonefreak
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:54 PM
Here's DH, it was his dad's favorite song, he's since added his death date
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

toddler boyParker (6-1-07) baby boyColten (1-15-09) 

ahawes
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:56 PM

I LIKE THE FONT.... DID YOU DH JUST ADDED THE DATE UNDERNEATH?

Quoting Rhynestonefreak:

Here's DH, it was his dad's favorite song, he's since added his death date
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a non cosleeping, disposable diapering, non-cio, chocolate lover, vaccinating, going to the gym, tv watching, circumcising, pit-bull owning, scrapbooking, camera ready, front facing car seat, non-boobie momma to a very active cute little man! 

hattiemae1
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Quoting Rosebeliever:

Find a good tattoo artist and explain to him/her what you want. If they are good they will work with you! Good luck! I love ur ideas. 

Rhynestonefreak
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:59 PM
It's on the bottom, kind of off to the side, his artist made it blend really good. I would add a pic but he's asleep and lying on that arm..damn him lol
Quoting ahawes:

toddler boyParker (6-1-07) baby boyColten (1-15-09) 

shebearncub
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:16 AM

Check out your tattoo parlors in your area. Go to each one. Feel them out. That's what I did when I got mine. Was my 1st ever and I was 35. I kept searching until I found a person who knew exactly what I was wanting and looking for. After all they are forever! (removal is painful I hear)

Also so the pain isn't so bad either...but I hear it depends on where you get it done at on your body.

kaitlynsmommy31
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:20 AM

I was thinking...maybe you could get two lilies and the stem of each of them could be the date when you look close...but from a ways back it just looks like a pretty designed stem

I agree with the other ladies though, go to a few shops give them an idea and price them! You would be surprised on what different shops charge. Also look at their portfolios of their work so you can decide if you would even want them doing it.

ahawes
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:25 AM

I LIKE THAT IDEA. GOOD JOB

Quoting kaitlynsmommy31:

I was thinking...maybe you could get two lilies and the stem of each of them could be the date when you look close...but from a ways back it just looks like a pretty designed stem

I agree with the other ladies though, go to a few shops give them an idea and price them! You would be surprised on what different shops charge. Also look at their portfolios of their work so you can decide if you would even want them doing it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)