Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help real quick

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:47 PM
  • 10 Replies

Anyone know..this is for my mom so I dont have details...but she is 47..cashed out her retirement when she lost her job last year....They already taxed and penalized it so out of 22k....she got 18k about.....so when I enter this on the 1040 form...where do I put it???  She thinks she will pay taxes on it again....but when I do it in tax slayer for her it doesnt make her owe any more in taxes than without it.   Anyone know what line it goes on so I can figure it......or if its taxed when she originally got it....they wont tax it more   ???   Or count it as more income   ???

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JAX_Mami
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:48 PM

bump

BUT

mae_01_sw
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:49 PM

BUMP!

Naturleigh8
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:49 PM

No clue.........

..BUMP

ahawes
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:50 PM

BUMP

having chocolatetreadmilltoddler boy
I'm a non cosleeping, disposable diapering, non-cio, chocolate lover, vaccinating, going to the gym, tv watching, circumcising, pit-bull owning, scrapbooking, camera ready, front facing car seat, non-boobie momma to a very active cute little man! 

Ethansmommy8907
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:52 PM

I took mine to hrblock and I got taxed again but that was a couple of years ago and i am not that well versed on taxes...lol see why I go to the "people". Maybe call one and ask?

ForeverMeme
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:53 PM

I did that myself a few years ago and am trying to remember. I think the regular 1040 wasn't enough and I ended up having H&R block do it for me. I think I had to claim it as income. 

y_flores
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:53 PM

i am not sure where it goes on their , but my dad past away this July , so my mom got his retirement money and what ever he had invest in the company he work for ,  since she is not at the required retirement age she got a penalty charge and they taxed her on it . now she has to pay more taxes  after she did her tax return

y_flores
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:55 PM

oh and she had to claim it as income

d_balogh
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 8:09 AM

bump

Lilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie 5th Birthday Tickertreadmillin love

ChristianMom77
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Go to your states Government web site. It should be able to help you there. Or you can call a tax place and ask. If you have an H&R Block, call them. Sorry I have no idea. I don't think she would have to pay again, unless she didn't pay enough.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)