Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

any ideas

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 9:02 PM
  • 3 Replies
my son is 2.5 and he had tubes put in his ears a yr ago. which has helped him alot but now i'm having problems keeping his ears clean i mean there is so much wax build up that i'm wondering if something is wrong i don't like putting q tips in his earws qnd i bought some of silimasam ear wax relief is it ok if i use it ? i mean my mil says that it's ok but i don't know
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
maciastwin
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 10:01 PM

If you are unsure, always refer to your pediatrician......................better safe than sorry.

hugsnkisses001
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 10:05 PM
My daughter had tubes in her ears when she was younger and the wax is very normal and it means that the tubes are working. I was told not use anything and to gently clean the outside of the ears with Q-tips.
gacgbaker
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 10:13 PM
I personally wouldn't recommend using it, the wax showing up means that the ear is being cleaned out which is good.  The best thing to do would be to call the doctor and ask what they recommend... you should never put a q-tip inside the ear, but running it around the outside like the other poster said is ok.  Stop by the Children's Health Issues Group if you get the chance... lots of moms there have experience with tubes in the ears.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)