Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

So i think i found out why my throat hurts alot especilay when i burp

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 2:39 AM
  • 12 Replies

i was doing some googling, lol, and i found out that you can have acid reflex come up out of your throat, all this time i wonder why is my throat burning when i burp. and now i know, so i though i would pass this along for others that didnt know as well.

I think this is only for pregnancy , but not sure, cause it said something about hormones or something

by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 2:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mezmer
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 2:41 AM

I have acid reflux when I'm pregnant (except for my first pregnancy)...Gets me every time.

~*~Amanda~*~

luvmybaby430
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 2:43 AM

were you like that as well, throat burns with burping and some times burns with out burping and i noticed that this baby has the hiccups alot, does that mean this baby will have acid reflux or not?

Quoting Mezmer:

I have acid reflux when I'm pregnant (except for my first pregnancy)...Gets me every time.

Mezmer
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 2:50 AM

It actually felt like acid was being poured down my throat...And it didn't matter what I ate.  I would mostly get it at night though.  Didn't matter if I burped or not, it would just come and go for hours on end.  As for the hiccups, I dunno...It may play a factor.  No clue if the baby could get acid relflux, I would hope not cause it's painful.  :( 

My BIL told me that his grandmother's home remedy for acid reflux is a tablespoon of white vinegar.  I haven't been brave enough to try it...lol.

Quoting luvmybaby430:

were you like that as well, throat burns with burping and some times burns with out burping and i noticed that this baby has the hiccups alot, does that mean this baby will have acid reflux or not?

Quoting Mezmer:

~*~Amanda~*~

Michelle2003mom
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 2:53 AM

My baby had hiccups really bad when I was pregnant with her and she didn't have any problems with reflux. I had that same burning for no reason too. Ughhhh allllllllll the time. So glad it doesn't happen anymore.

momaloveof3
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 6:29 AM

I have it and I am not pregnant.

Try sleeping with your head and upper body elevated.  I usually sleep sitting up when I feel an episode coming on.

harlee75
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 6:35 AM

I was getting it really bad about a week ago and now I have had a little relief..Iam 28 weeks I didnt have it with my first 2 but this one was bad.... I was eating tumms like candy lol....It was very uncomfortable and hurt expecially when I lay daown it seems to get worse :0 The things we deal with for our little monkeys LOL..........I used the fruity tumms not bad..LOL I also have them with all the time :)

lyrick24
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 6:41 AM

I had acid reflux and there are medicines you can take to stop it. You take them before it hits. I take prilosec but they have others. Check with your dr. about what is safe to use.He may want to prescribe you something. You don't have to live like that mommies. And no it has nothing to do with your baby having it.

fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2009 at 6:45 AM

Talk to your OB/GYN there is stuff they can prescribe for that. I took so many Tums when I was pregnant with my first but now they are saying they are not safe to take in large quantities while pregnant anymore.

Were you married in 2001? If so, come join us at 2001 Anniversaries.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/17057/

hcmerrell
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 6:46 AM

I have had acid reflux since my pregnancy in 2003 - yes, 5 years, -- and it never went away.  I got tired of eating Tums like candy, so now I'm on Aciphex and it works well for me.  I tried Nexium samples, but it's not on my formulary, so I had to go with aciphex for long term treatment.

Be warned, I have also just found out I have scarring in my esophagus due to long term acid reflux, so get it treated now before you have scarring.

milmiracle
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 6:50 AM

Yea i have heard of that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)