Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

opinions, opinions, opinions!! Lets hear 'em ladies!!!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:34 AM
  • 21 Replies

OK so my 22 year old sister comes home from visiting her boyfriend yesterday whom she just got back together with because he is a flake (that's a different other post all together lol)Anyway, I went into her room for something and she says "can I ask you something and you wont sass me or throw it in my face later?" I said "sure whats up?"

She asks me how can you tell if a guy cums inside of you. Ugh!! To begin with I am annoyed because I saw this coming from her. I know that she wants to get pregnant to trap him so to speak but again that's a whole other post. So I told her that unless you know your guys mannerisms you really cant tell physically ya know. I mean its not like he's shooting off a rocket or anything like that lol

Today she tried to act like she is scared and how soon can she tell if she's pregnant. She goes on and on about her not knowing he wasn't gonna pull out and so on. I asked her why he wasn't wearing a condom and in true Ronnette(that's my sis) fashion she tries to put all the blame on him. She always tells me how she is adamant about him wearing a condom so I thought it was strange that she didn't insist on it that one time. I mentioned this and she said still tried to make it all her bfs fault because he should have asked according to her. 

I told her it was just as much her fault as it was his because she knows what happens when you have sex. I told her he probably figured it was ok with her since she didnt demand a condom as usual.  I think they are both full of it and they are both seriously immature and trying to trap each other.

How do I deal with this ladies? I have seen this coming for quite some time and I just don't know what kind of reaction I should give. She is 22 but she is living with my husband and myself and our 2 girls.  If she is in fact pregnant (which I pray she's not) do I let her stay here or do I kick her out and make her go out and tough it out with this guy even though I am fairly certain that it will end in disaster. I am leaning toward kicking her out but I would like to hear what you all have to say about all of this. So lets hear it please.....

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rosa_lee
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:43 AM

oh come on ladies, I know we're all full of opinions in here

rosa_lee
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:49 AM

wow, 18 views and nobody has a thought an opinon nothing huh? wow

lenalove
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:51 AM

I wouldn't say kick her out if she can't support herself. If it was my baby sister, I would want her to be with me so I could support her.But it is your house, your call

But on another note, she sounds like a 16 year old little girl! Not a 22 year old woman! haha

Dawn4175
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:54 AM

Its a tough situation.  She's 22 so technically she's an adult and there's not much you can do about whether or not she decides to "accidentally" get pregnant.  As for kicking her out or letting her stay, that's really a personal decision.  I would have a hard time kicking her out if she were pregnant simply because, if she's as immature as she seems, I would be worried about the baby.

Sorry you're having to deal with this.  Hopefully she will turn out not to be and you won't have to deal with making that decision.

CAarmywife
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:57 AM

i would kick her out now so that she can see its not easy being on ur own, let alone having a child to take care of and maybe she will get her crap together and not want to trap a guy....sometimes u have to fall on ur face for u to give ur head a shake and wonder what in the heck was i thinking. if this was me i would honestly be feeding her bc in her supper.

in lovebaby girltoddler girl

rosa_lee
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:59 AM

Quoting Dawn4175:

Its a tough situation.  She's 22 so technically she's an adult and there's not much you can do about whether or not she decides to "accidentally" get pregnant.  As for kicking her out or letting her stay, that's really a personal decision.  I would have a hard time kicking her out if she were pregnant simply because, if she's as immature as she seems, I would be worried about the baby.

Sorry you're having to deal with this.  Hopefully she will turn out not to be and you won't have to deal with making that decision.

Oh Lord i would worry about the baby as well but I feel like I have my own babies to worry about ya know. My sis is very immature and she likes to pull the I'mm 22 and I'm an adult card but only when it is convenient to her. The rest of the time she wants to act like a big baby. Thats what make me wanna kick her out. I am really not a bitch but this isnt the first time she lives with us and takes total advantage of us.  She knows she doesnt really wanna have a baby but I KNOW she is trying to get pregnant cause she tinks that she will really have this guy if she has his baby and incidentally he already has a kid with someone else that he constantly bad mouths so yeah....

rosa_lee
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:01 AM

Quoting CAarmywife:

i would kick her out now so that she can see its not easy being on ur own, let alone having a child to take care of and maybe she will get her crap together and not want to trap a guy....sometimes u have to fall on ur face for u to give ur head a shake and wonder what in the heck was i thinking. if this was me i would honestly be feeding her bc in her supper.

Is that really possible lol j/k but all joking aside she really has no business reproducing

Beyondthesky37
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:13 AM

yeah, that's tough because if she's pregnant you have to worry about the baby.  It's not the babies fault but yet it is your house and you have a right to set certain guidlines.  Maybe you should have a talk with her and be honest about everything and see how it goes.  In the end it's your house so your call.  She is your sister but I understand you not wanting her to walk all over you.

Landon 3-15-05        Xander 5-16-06      Jadzia 9-25-07

goodson_2008
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:15 AM

Well is she working or going to school? If not I think I would let her stay for the baby at least but I would make her get a job so she could provide for the baby. You have a lot to talk about with your husband. Good luck on your decision

Wife to the most wonderful,brave military man Josh and proud Mommy to my sweet little boy Jayden :)

tabhonn
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:17 AM

man, thats a tough one. i would say try to get her out. she is grown and you have your own family to worry about. you don't need another kid to take care of!! (meaning her)

i think we all know how it will turn out if she "traps" her bf, but unfortunatley she'll have to learn for herself. let them sort it out...you have enough to worry/deal with. ;-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)