Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 3 year old is sick... Questions..

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:30 AM
  • 7 Replies

Okay last night when we put her to bed she was fine, didn't eat anything different or drink anything new yesterday or the day before... Then she started wimpering and crying at around 8:30 in her sleep, we couldn't get out of her what was wrong and she just fell back asleep. At like 1am'ish she woke up screaming for mommy and daddy sure enough she had thrown up a little bit in her bed on herself. We cleaned her up, she threw up a little more in the bathroom, came into bed w/ us. Eventually at around 4am she fell back asleep and slept until daddy's alarm went off at around 6:30am. And since then she's been okay, she only had like 5 bites of toast and a few sips of juice. 

Her throw up didn't have chunks or anything like that in it, it was more like spit or something? but it was a decent amount, not a ton though. There wasn't any blood. And she didn't have a fever (However our house was pretty cold last night and this morning). Should I just wait it out and see if she throws up again? Or try to take her in? I don't want to be too paranoid. But she's never had an episode of throwup like what happened last night where it didn't seem like REAL throw up. Or maybe her stomach was just empty? Ugh, Sorry I'm going off of like 3 1/2 hours of sleep and I'm 34 weeks pregnant LOL Please help me figure this out!!

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Courtie
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:34 AM

if she doesn't have a fever i would probably wait. But that is just me...  If you instincts tell you to take her then take her. Good luck.

MorganRaesMom
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:36 AM

That's what I'm thinking, I'll wait and see if she gets a fever at all today. Thank you!! :)

Quoting Courtie:

if she doesn't have a fever i would probably wait. But that is just me...  If you instincts tell you to take her then take her. Good luck.

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:50 AM

wave

Hi
MorganRaesMom,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Children's Health Issues

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

swaites2003
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Could it possibly be caused from sinus drainage?

Proudmommy115
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:31 AM

I would wait if she does not have a fever they prob won't see her. But I would just wait to see how she does after eating her b-fast.

mommaddie

if she is fever free then she should be fine. give her pedilite to drink if you are worried about dehydration. give her bland things to eat, toast, crackers, and rice. there is no meds for vomiting so i wouldnt waste time going to the doc unless she spikes a temp...

i am a nurse in a peds office..and usually when parents call about this, we give them those instructions and tell them to wait itout... it will pass.. if fever shows up... give her tylonel and call the doc. good luck

elvir2babes

bump

Divorced, Separated, Single or Widowed Moms! Check out this awesome group!! http://www.cafemom.com/group/ConfidentSingleMoms

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)