Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QUESTION FOR THE CHRISTIANS need help

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:32 AM
  • 29 Replies

Okay so for the last  four years I have been haveing really bad luck. I beleive that the good Lord will not give you more than you can handel but come on something is going to snap me soon if it doesnt stop. Here is what has happened.

1 We bought a house and it seemed as soon as we moved in stuff started breaking

2 Some one sold us a sick cow with a highly contagious diesease and now we are haveing a hard time keeping calves alive even with the meds

3 we have lost two dogs and too many cats to count

4i hemmoraged and nearly died

5 the man had a tree fall on his head and nearly died

6 i lost my dad

7 i lost my grandpa

8. we lost our colt to what no one knows he just laid down and died

9 i have been sick for a year straight

10. the man had his hours cut at work and he has worked there for 11 yrs

11 we have had three types of heating just break on us.

Any way my question is this do you think it it God testing me or the forces of darkness at work? How do I keep going with out my parents here to help. I really dont think I can handel much more. If it is not God showing me how strong I can be what do I do. I am just so frazzeled.

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KYChica
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:36 AM

All I can say is there's no such thing as bad luck , good luck , etc. God puts stuff on us to either make us wake up or to make us into stronger people. I'm not too much of the one to be preaching on this but perhaps he's wanting to hear from you? Sometimes I noticed that God will do things like that in my life just to make me come back to him.

It's always easy to praise HIM in the good times. But he also wants us to praise  HIM through the bad. Good luck momma.

CasandraFinlay
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:39 AM

GET YOUR SOIL TESTED... and house for asbestos etc. Everything is getting sick OR not getting better. Could be extra crap in the ground...

yotamomof4

That's awful.....I will be praying for you and your family....don't give up...believe me ...it will get better ! 

hepmommy

bump for a little later.  I'm not quite awake yet and I want to make sense in my reply. 

Photobucket

yotamomof4
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:40 AM

Isn't there a gas that can affect animals too...radon...not sure how you spell it !

Quoting CasandraFinlay:

GET YOUR SOIL TESTED... and house for asbestos etc. Everything is getting sick OR not getting better. Could be extra crap in the ground...

WifeandMommy266
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:41 AM

Sorry for what you are going through mama. I will keep you in my prayers, all I can say is first of all keep the faith. When you ask God to do something for you, you have to go to him KNOWING he is going to do it. And I believe that God lets us go through things to make us stronger and sometime in your future you will be able to use your experiences to help someone else. Be strong, and you will get through this.

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:42 AM

ONE DOG we had to put down the other we lost when the plow driver hit him on pourpose and the cats one had to be put down the others just dissapeared but that does make sense

Quoting yotamomof4:

Isn't there a gas that can affect animals too...radon...not sure how you spell it !

Quoting CasandraFinlay:

yotamomof4
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:42 AM

http://www.epa.gov/radon/index.html

Here is a web site I found !

texasgirl1611
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:43 AM

Quoting KYChica:

All I can say is there's no such thing as bad luck , good luck , etc. God puts stuff on us to either make us wake up or to make us into stronger people. I'm not too much of the one to be preaching on this but perhaps he's wanting to hear from you? Sometimes I noticed that God will do things like that in my life just to make me come back to him.

It's always easy to praise HIM in the good times. But he also wants us to praise  HIM through the bad. Good luck momma.

01-179.gif Snowmen image by chill1950        

KYChica
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:45 AM

Wow , I'm really glad someone agreed with me on this. I feel very strongly about your situation & I know everything will be okay.

Quoting texasgirl1611:

Quoting KYChica:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)