Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how long to buy a house?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:34 AM
  • 11 Replies

How long did it take you to complete the entire process of buying your house? I mean from the time you first looked at a house till the time you were able to have the keys and move in.

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yotamomof4
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:35 AM

Around 2 months ! 

Seans_mommy123
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:42 AM

My husband and I are in the process of buying a house now and it will have taken 1 month. We looked at the house on 1/27 and are closing on 2/27. It really all depends on the type of sale of the house though. If its a foreclosure or a regular sale it won't take as long but if its a short sale it could take a while since the bank of the seller needs to approve the selling price. I"ve learned a lot about the differnet types of home sales in the last month or so.

LoriAnn87
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:33 AM

My hubby and I are in the proccess of buying our first home but we have a little set back. The homeowner is filling for bankcupty and never told her realtor and she has a court hearing on March 2 about her house and if there are going to expect our offer and the house should have been a short sale but not because of the owner not telling them all the information they needed to know. We find the house last month and we should be making settlement on March 23 but we will see what happens on March 2 and if we can move forward. But our attorney and realtor thinks that the bank will appect our offer and let the sale go though.

Schleetle
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:35 AM

We first saw the neighborhood (subdivision) in February 2007, and bought the house in October 2007.  The house was not yet built when we first visted the neighborhood.

5MonsterMommy
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:36 AM

took us just under 3 weeks. But we bought from a small company and the guy that owned it kind of helped push the process along so we could get out of our HORRIBLE situation. He even marked it down 25,000 less than his lowest price he was going to take just to make it easier for us to afford with all of our kids. We had a good experience and I'm glad it went quickly! 

purple ribbon

All cancer awareness is important.

Please have yourself checked if you suspect!!!

M2EandB
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:38 AM

It was about 3 weeks after we put the offer in. My DH is a loan officer so he was able to put a rush on the mortgage!  

Jenny0123j
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:41 AM

We've been looking for almost a year now!! Maybe we're too picky!  We had put a bid in the 2nd week of Dec. and if it had all worked out it would've closed on Jan 9th,  just to give you a time from bidding to closing. 

armyvetmommy
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:42 AM

about six weeks. 

I am a U.S Army Combat Veteran of OIF

prdnvywife97
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:44 AM

We are just starting to look at houses so I wish I could help.  I am hoping by next summer we will be able to start the actually buying process.  We are working with a great realtor down in Texas that is constantly in contact with us and answering any questions we have. 

Hope you get the house of your dreams and it doesn't take long for the process. 

ctfirsttimemom
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:49 AM

2 months, a friend did it in 2 weeks with both houses she bought.  It just sepend on the seller and bank.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)