Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm freaking out!!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:40 AM
  • 6 Replies

First off, I'm a MAJOR worry wart!!  One of the things I worry about most is my health.  My mom passed away from cancer 4 years ago and I think a lot of my anxiety stems from that. 

My 1st worry . . . .

My right tonsil is enlarged and has been for a few months.  There is no change in color of the enlarged part.  But it has stayed enlarged for some time.  I do have occational pain down into my jaw.  I also have a tiny red spot on the side of my tongue along with enlarged taste buds on the side.  I show no signs of swelling in the neck.

My 2nd worry . . . .

In my left breast I have "dips" or "craters" in the breast tissue.  You cannot tell by looking at the breast, but you can feel them.  One is on the inside toward the top.  It seems to be largest closest to the nipple and gradually gets more narrow the farther away from the nipple it gets.  I have a second on on the outside of the breast.  It is larger and deeper than the first one.  These areas do have pain, but the pain occurs a week or week and half before my period starts.  The first location I've notice is there all the time and has been there for several months.  the second location I've just noticed in the last month.  I've felt on the other breast and there seems to be similar locations, but they never hurt and are not near as deep feeling.  My left breast also just feels weird.  I know that's a general term, but I can just tell a difference between the two.  This my be a pshycological symptom though.  That part may just be in my mind. 

I have previously been diagnosed with endometriosis, IBS, and I've had gallblatter surgery.  I also rarely wear a bra when I'm at home.  (I know that's not good . . lol)

I'm working on getting an appointment with the doctor.  I've got to get my annual check up anyway.  I'm hoping to get in soon.

I'm soooo worried!!  Can anyone give suggestions?  Please pm me!  I've been researching my symptoms and been in topic forums for these and can find nothing.  Especially about the breast.  Don't know if this is a good or bad thing.

Thanks for letting me whine, and any help would be appreciated.

01-179.gif Snowmen image by chill1950        

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AandCsmomBrandy
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:50 AM

as  far as woory #1 I think you should see a dentist. often times teeth problems can cause inflamations throughout your mouth and throat and tounge.

#2 it sounds like normal duct and cellulite tracks to me. also no womans breasts are the same. they are always different sizes or they feel different. that is normal, so your left being different than the right is fine.

get an appointment for a complete physical but be sure to let them know beforehand that you have some extra concerns that way they can devote more time to you. good luck!!!!

yotamomof4
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:51 AM

Quoting AandCsmomBrandy:

as  far as woory #1 I think you should see a dentist. often times teeth problems can cause inflamations throughout your mouth and throat and tounge.

#2 it sounds like normal duct and cellulite tracks to me. also no womans breasts are the same. they are always different sizes or they feel different. that is normal, so your left being different than the right is fine.

get an appointment for a complete physical but be sure to let them know beforehand that you have some extra concerns that way they can devote more time to you. good luck!!!!

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:51 AM

wave

Hi
texasgirl1611,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

medical questions

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

cinderella22_17
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:43 AM

Quoting AandCsmomBrandy:

I agree with this.

For worry #1 did you get strep a lot as a kid? I did and I have one tonsil that is larger then the other.

Worry #2 did you BF any of your kids? It could just be the milk ducts that you feel and when it's that time of the month breast tissue tend to swell any way.

I am not going to say this to be mean but a lot of it could be in your head. My little brother had a brain aneurysm at 20.  A few yrs later I was getting headaches daily so I went to the doctor all freaked out. She was awesome and listened to everything I said. But in the end she said we will do some test to be on the safe side but I am betting it's all in your head. As soon as I got the results back ( all were normal) my headaches when away. When you have kids its hard not to worry about things.

texasgirl1611
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 3:00 AM

bump

01-179.gif Snowmen image by chill1950        

KittyD
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 3:01 AM

Quoting texasgirl1611:

bump

KittyD ~ Stop By My Page & Sign my Guest Book!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)