Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does my son look like we don't feed him enough???

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:55 AM
  • 91 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you think my son is to skinny?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 322

View Results

I had a comment made to me yesterday that my 6 yo son looks like we don't feed him enough.  He has always been skinny...even as a baby we had problems keeping his weight up and had to put him on a specific diet...Just curious...

We had a doctor accuse us of starving our 2 oldest  who are now 18 and 16 yo when they were around 6 yo.  I tried telling the doctor that they have always been that way...my oldest is now over 6 ft tall and skinny as a rail and eats like he has a bottomless pit for a stomach.  I just don't like it when people say these things to me.

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:58 AM

wave

Hi
my4kids274,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Children's Health Issues

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

FaithandHarmony
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:59 AM

He looks like a typical active boy...I bet who ever said that would say he was getting fed to much if he was a  little pudgy!!! BTW he is so handsome....Don't worry about what others say, as long as your doc says he is healthy that's all that matters :)

Jynnifer292

My son is built a lot like him. He looks fine. He is cute btw 

Ash266

He looks healthy to me!  My youngest brother was always tinny to but always healthy.  Somtimes its just the way they burn food and how active they are to!

Momma of a beautiful 2 year old girl!!  Proud Army Wife!!!  And our little angel will be here in October!!

MRSHEATHERSMAMA
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:00 AM

He looks just fine to me. I have been in the same situation with all 4 of my children. In fact when I was in 5th grade my parents had to take me in to Pittsburgh for some testing because the school thought I was too skinny. I weighed a whole 48 pounds. The day I graduated high school I was only 98 pounds.

To keep the peace with my kids doctors, I would make a list of things my kids ate for 2 weeks to a month just to show them that they were being fed. It is in my genes for the kids to be skinny.

It is very hard to not let those comments bother you, however as long as you kow your kid is being fed, don't worry about it.

yotamomof4

No...he looks very healthy....my son and daughter are the same way....tell your doctor to go blow a dead bear....geesh....thank god your kids are not over weight....you are doing a great job ! 

ncmommyof3

I say no b/c all kids are different. As long as you know you're feeding him and he doesn't seem hungry then I'd say he's fine.

Visit my blogs daily! http://motheringthree.today.com/  and http://motheringmadesimple.today.com/ 

"It's not just a physical attraction, I love him for every single thing he is. Every word he says, every step he takes. This is something that will never die."

KYChica
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:01 AM

To hell with these doctors. One minute we're over feeding our kids making them obese , then the next minute we're starving our kids just because they look healthy & aren't chunky monkeys?

Your son looks fine. I'm 5'1 & 88 lbs. All 3 of my daughters are skinny as rails but they're healthy & eat like there's no tomorrow.

Ur doing a fine job momma. Ignore those ignorant remarks.

Bianca008
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:02 AM

He's a cutie and just perfect ...Don't let others get in your head. You know your child best.

KYChica
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:06 AM

Someone actually voted yes? I guess thats your opinion but could you please explain why you would say that? I don't see anything wrong with her son at all .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)