Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:22 AM
  • 5 Replies

How much would you sell your baby clothes for?  They are very gently used and have no stains.  I though maybe $1-2  for outfits, $1 for sleepers,  .50 for onsies, $1 for shoes...do you think these are fair?

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jenmay44me
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:24 AM

Where are you selling them? In a garage sale or craigslist?? Honestly, if they look new, no stains.. I would sell the outfits from 4-7 dollars.. and the shoes from 3-5 dollars.. thats still WAY cheaper than buying them brand new and you might as well get enough money back to buy her some new clothes.. 

Tatumsmommy0123
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:26 AM

I am selling them to a "friend of a friend" and then the leftovers at a garage sale...

Quoting jenmay44me:

Where are you selling them? In a garage sale or craigslist?? Honestly, if they look new, no stains.. I would sell the outfits from 4-7 dollars.. and the shoes from 3-5 dollars.. thats still WAY cheaper than buying them brand new and you might as well get enough money back to buy her some new clothes.. 

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:27 AM

wave

Hi
Taumsmommy0123,

You may also want to visit this CafeMom Group:

Advice for Moms

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

VerucaSallt
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:28 AM

I would never pay that much for used clothes.  EXPECIALLY right now because BRU has their clearance sale.  I think the prices you posted were fair.  That's what I've charged in that past.  I tried asking more, but they never sold.

Quoting Tatumsmommy0123:

I am selling them to a "friend of a friend" and then the leftovers at a garage sale...

Quoting jenmay44me:

I am a "I don't summarize my parenting style in a paragraph because it's none of your business" mom of 3.

Ft.Stewart_wife
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:30 AM

I sold onsies like $1 for 3 and sold them better that way. I gave most of mine away...i dont like to sell my baby clothes because not to many ppl around here buy em so i just give them away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)