Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mysterious deposit....UPDATE

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:48 AM
  • 21 Replies

We received our refund from the state last week and then yesterday there was a deposit of $1,500 from the US Treasury. It wasn't our tax return because that came this morning. Anyone ever have this happen? We haven't been able to reach anyone just yet to ask what it's about. I'm not complaining, I'm just confused....That's a lot of money to be deposited for no reason.

**My husband is Jackass of the Day. That was his GI Bill deposit. LOL.**

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Seans_mommy123
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:49 AM

I have no idea but i wouldn't spend it until you know for sure it really does belong to you.

Aimee14
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:49 AM

maybe you did your taxes wrong and that was the difference?

relosansil
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:50 AM

That's right!! Until you figure it all out and make sure it is yours, do not touch the money....

Quoting Seans_mommy123:

I have no idea but i wouldn't spend it until you know for sure it really does belong to you.

MaddiesMaMa418
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:50 AM

Quoting Seans_mommy123:

We're not. It's in our savings account until we have answers.

BFMomma08
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:51 AM

Like PP stated, I would not spend it as if the money was deposited by error...once the error will be acknowledged for, they will expect the money to be returned immediately. 

Neeters1

WOW!  If that is yours that sure would be nice to have.  Good luck with that!  Hope that it turns out to be yours....

WAHM of 2 cute and adorable boys! :)

Brandon and Zachary

My Brandon has Autism....

-- Neeters! :)

mommywillU

The IRS making a mistake? Lol. I would check into it also. They may have accidentally inverted a number on your social or bank account number. They made a mistake on my interest from savings and said I had earned $75, when in fact it was only 25. Not a big deal, but my father-in-law and his significant other laughed when I asked them how often the IRS makes mistakes. They both are retired.

MOMOF2154

did you ever receive your stimulus refund last year maybe that is what it is and you forgot

heathercook78
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:52 AM

could be part of the stimulus that you didn't receive?  i agree with the other posters though, don't touch it til you know for sure it's yours! :)

Kim24kids
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:52 AM

I was thinking this to...=)

Quoting MOMOF2154:

did you ever receive your stimulus refund last year maybe that is what it is and you forgot

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)