Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some ideas....Please!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:28 AM
  • 6 Replies

This last year has been far from good for me and my family. There is a friend at my work that is always doing something to help us out. Keep in mind we do not ask her for anything. She is a friend that I talk to about my problems yes but I do not ask and not expecting anything from her just someone to vent to. I have explained that I appreciate what she does but when I am talking to her I am not telling her this stuff to get something in return and she says I know. She always wants to buy me lunch and has invited my family for dinner, she has even brought me groceries. Yes she is helping us and I am thankful but I would like to do something for her to thank her for everything she does for us. Keep in mind we have very little money. Please help with ideas! Thanks so much!

thank you

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Babylove135
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:31 AM

It doesn't have to be something you buy.  Sometimes even a homemade card telling her how much you appreciate her speaks louder than anything you can buy in a store.

Come join our group where you can talk about whatever you want with no drama!!     www.cafemom.com/group/BusyB

mamameg82
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:32 AM

Yeah that is what I was aiming for something that doesnt cost money. Thanks for the idea!

Quoting Babylove135:

It doesn't have to be something you buy.  Sometimes even a homemade card telling her how much you appreciate her speaks louder than anything you can buy in a store.

elvir2babes
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:33 AM

bump

Divorced, Separated, Single or Widowed Moms! Check out this awesome group!! http://www.cafemom.com/group/ConfidentSingleMoms

Shelley0608
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:33 AM

why not buy her a small bundle of flowers and a real nice thank you card. sure its easy to spend $20 on that. but if you go through all the cards just try to find something that you can really relate to. its just a small token of appreciation

Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:33 AM

When times are hard don't look a gift horse in the mouth. I have always given a little home made thank you card from the whole family. Make some home made cookies, brownies, bread or ect.

Our family has been blessed with helpful people over the last year and that is what I have done.

Sence March of 08 till now life has been the hardest we've ever had it and I'm so greatful for helpful and caring people.

Jenn

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination
mamameg82
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:42 AM

I was thinking of making a cake or brownies. That is a good idea then she can bring it home to share with her family.

Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

When times are hard don't look a gift horse in the mouth. I have always given a little home made thank you card from the whole family. Make some home made cookies, brownies, bread or ect.

Our family has been blessed with helpful people over the last year and that is what I have done.

Sence March of 08 till now life has been the hardest we've ever had it and I'm so greatful for helpful and caring people.

Jenn

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)