Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone with a Wii??

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:01 AM
  • 13 Replies

I have a little bit of money left over from my income tax so I was thinking about investing in a Wii. I have 2 sks & a nephew that is over all the time that are constantly wanting to play video games & I am really interested in the Wii Fit.  I don't really know anything about them but my BIL & SIL got one of their kids & they love it so I figured my sks might too.  I just have a few questions,  Where did you get yours & how much did you pay for it??  Do you like it or do you regret getting it??  Any other comments would be really helpful also.

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:06 AM

We got one for x-mas.  My hubby bought it at Wal-Mart for $249.00.  The whole family loves it, we have a lot of fun.

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:07 AM

WalMart - Love it!!!!  It was a bundle deal - several games, extra controllers, etc. - around $500.  My girls love it and we have a family game night every now and then and that's what we play.  We got new games for Christmas this year and a Wii points card - if you have a wireless router in your house you can hook the Wii up to the internet and buy games online.  Some of them are the older games that we used to play as kids - like we just bought the original Donkey Kong and one of the original Mario games.  I'm looking forward to getting the Wii fit.

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:08 AM

i don't remember the price we got it 2 years ago, but the whole family loves it, even my 2 1/2 yr old gets in on the action. my only regret is that sometimes my dh plays way too much guitar hero.

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:31 AM

We have a Wii and love it!! We have the sports games that came with it, plus we have bought Sonic and Mario olympic games, Mario super slugger and the BEST Rock band!! It's alot of fun and the whole family can get in on it. Plus i dont feel guilty letting them play the Wii b/c they aren't sitting on the couch, they are up and moveing.

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:36 AM

We just bought our Wii about 2 wks ago. It was $250 at Game Stop. We LOVE it! It makes for great family fun! My 3 yr old even loves it and is pretty good at baseball. I like it better than our playstation for the kids b/c they have to move around to play Wii instead of just sitting there! I would say go for it! You and your DH would even have fun with it!

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:38 AM

We paid about $250 at Best Buy... but we do not have the wii fit... YET... When we went to get our wii we were going to get the fit too.... but they were sold out and now we can afford one... but we have guitar hero, and mario cart... my SO loves it... my 2 year old does too...

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:47 AM

We just bought it and we all love it.  We bought the Wii and then I went out and got the fit and we all play together. In fact yesterday I did yoga and a lot of hula hooping and I feel it today.  I like that it is something that interests the whole family, we bowl together.  A great investments IMO>

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:11 AM

I got mine from walmart for $128.I got the bundle deal.Wii board and the 5 in 1 fitness bundle.Its great.I love mine.

by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:17 AM

I got my Wii and Wii Fit for Christmas! I love them both, they are so much fun!!

img381/8154/99620876gs2.gifthimage021.jpg jasper witlock hale image by mrscullen1jasoer2.jpg jasper image by NiK_ThE_NuT7255646.jpg Jasper Hale image by mabudachi3OMEYUP.jpg Team Jasper image by sspatlan88

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:42 AM

My BF has one. My girls love it. I think I saw them for about $250 at toys r us that comes with Wii sports.. I might buy my girls one for their birthday. I'd say it's a good investment. It involves interaction so they are up and moving and not just zoned in front of the tv.

My children are unvaccinated, your children are vaccinated. So what the hell are you worried about?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)