Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to buy for an 8 year old girl??

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:47 AM
  • 5 Replies

My SD is turning 8 in a couple months & we are wanting to get her presents now while we have the extra cash.  We got her brother for his birthday a dirtbike (we got a good deal on) so we are wanting to get her something comparable money wise.  She was really wanting a Nintendo DS and that is what she asked for for Christmas.  We ended up buying her a Gameboy Advance SP and we figured that if she did good with it we would do the trade in at Gamestop for a DS for her birthday.  Well, we are only a little over a month past Christmas and she has already lost all but 1 of her games and her home/car chargers so a DS is out the window.  Anyone have any ideas on other things we might be able to get her??

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
peepszaya
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:57 AM

is she into arts and crafts things? My daughter is 8 and loves to do those kits that have beads to make your own jewelery. My only other thing I could think of would be the ds, but that is already out you said.

elvir2babes
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:57 AM

bump

Divorced, Separated, Single or Widowed Moms! Check out this awesome group!! http://www.cafemom.com/group/ConfidentSingleMoms

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:46 AM

wave

Hi paigesmommy925

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Raising Girls

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

Clairwil
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Quoting paigesmommy925:

Anyone have any ideas on other things we might be able to get her??

Lego.

MissInvisible
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:45 PM
Not sure what her room is like but what about redoing it if it's been awhile? My oldest turns 9 next month. Her room was all science and space stuff. She's still into all that but wanted a "big girl" room now that she's wanting to have friends over. So for her birthday we're redoing her room in Hannah Montana. I found her a set of Hannah/Miley 8x10 pictures (on kind of a card boardy material, not just regular pictures). There's 20 pictures in it. And found a copy of a script with some pictures of Hannah on ebay that I am going to put in a shadow box to hang in her room. I just have to find her some Hannah curtains and we'll be good to go. She already has the Hannah wall clock and the bedding.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)