Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wedding photographers?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:00 AM
  • 9 Replies

My wedding is 7 months from today!  I am in desperate need of a wedding photographer but would like some advice before I start calling around!  How much did you pay for your photographer?  What did it include?  How do you find that perfect photographer?  I feel like the photographer is one thing I can't short cut, after all this is really the only thing we'll have later besides memories!!  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks ladies!!!

"The smile of a child is a tattoo: indelible art."

"But kids don't stay where they're supposed to. You turn around and find her not in the bedroom but hiding in a closet; you turn around and see she's not three but thirteen. Parenting is really just a matter of tracking, of hoping your kids do not get so far ahead you can no longer see their next moves."
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommabear795
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:02 AM

where do you live? I am trying to get my photo bussiness up and goin.

winkLogan Christopher 7/2/95               Hunter Blake 1/12/98

Benjamin David  9/3/00                 Haydin Lee 1/11/07       

VerucaSallt
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:03 AM

www.theknot.com

The messageboards there will be a MUCH better help.

Congrats, and good luck!

I am a "I don't summarize my parenting style in a paragraph because it's none of your business" mom of 3.

MommyOnLI
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:04 AM

we had a photogtapher and videographer.

we went to a place word of mouth (about 5 of my DHs friends used them)

we paid about $10K

that included

our main ablum (50 pages)

2 parent albums, 10 page brag book, 4 - 8x10s, 4 - 5x7,

ALL proofs, digital and in a proof book

5 DVDs

im sure i got more but i cant think right now...

we are in NYC area

mommy2be33009
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:05 AM

I paid 1000 for mine which was really cheap.  He was a friend but that included all day unlimited pics, a disk with all the pics, and photo album with 150 proofs. 

I would look for one that has an online gallery that u can look at his work.  Also ask for references and call them.  Don't be shy when u call them, ask how they liked him, did he make it comfortable, did he do all the family pics they wanted, did he rush, how long did it take to get u proofs.

macysmama1206
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:06 AM

East Tennessee

Quoting mommabear795:

"The smile of a child is a tattoo: indelible art."

"But kids don't stay where they're supposed to. You turn around and find her not in the bedroom but hiding in a closet; you turn around and see she's not three but thirteen. Parenting is really just a matter of tracking, of hoping your kids do not get so far ahead you can no longer see their next moves."
evaleesmom
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:07 AM

price will all depend on where you live.. my dad is a photographer and their usual wedding package includes 200-500 pics, they put them in an album for you and they will put everyting on a cdfor you too. prices vary depending on how many pics you choose and if you want the cd they also do enlargements and have a package that includes engagemnet pics or pics of the bride in her dress at a studio or outdoor location.

Billie_Bush
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:07 AM

depending on where you live *I live in indiana*  we pay about $2000-3000 just for the shoot, and then extra for prints, I only charge clients $700-1200 and it includes prints.  But every photographer is different.  I myself only paid $500 and got all my 4x6 prints for free. prints and album were extra but you cant beat that!! Just look around. And make sure you see if you have any photographers building their portfolios.  You can ask them to shoot your wedding also for prints on CD, and that way they get expirence, you get the pictures (maybe the real photographer may have missed) and you get your original photographer and the pictures, can never go wrong with that!!! Good luck.

mommabear795
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:08 AM

Well darn! I'm in west Tennessee

Quoting macysmama1206:

East Tennessee

Quoting mommabear795:

winkLogan Christopher 7/2/95               Hunter Blake 1/12/98

Benjamin David  9/3/00                 Haydin Lee 1/11/07       

sewinglove
by on Feb. 28, 2009 at 6:46 AM

What part of east Tn do you live? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)