Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Info on non-vaccinating

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:07 AM
  • 10 Replies
I just read another post about information on non-vaccinating. My 5 1/2 month old had a really bad reaction when she had her 2 month shots. I was always told it was against the law to not have vaccinations. If their is anyway for me to get around it I would like too know. I live in Texas, so does anyone know? I mean, I remember when I was in school my sisters couldn't enroll unless their shot records were up to date. Can anyone help me?
I love my girls!
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iamhis0
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:09 AM

That is a lie. Big, fat, fear-mongering lie. The only laws that pertain to vaccinations are those for school admittance. Vaccinations are not required simply for existence.

Texas offers all 3 exemptions, Philosophical, Religious, and medical. So it will be fairly easy for you to get an exemption.
http://909shot.com/state-site/Texas.htm

Ugh, that makes me so mad when parents are lied to like that. Grrrrr.....

"It is dangerous to be right on a subject on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire

ciejsgirl
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:10 AM

That's good information and very true above!  GOOD LUCK and do what YOU think is right...not what you are told/forced to do. 

ImNotASheep08
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:14 AM

I'm in Texas too. We have all 3 exemptions here. My girls go to school on a philosophical exemption. We could also use religious exemptions. Anyway, no it's not against the law to not vaccinate. Don't let anyone ever make you believe it is. We all have the right to choose what we want for ourselves and our children regarding their health and well being. I feel WE unvaccinating parents deserve to be respected.

My children are unvaccinated, your children are vaccinated. So what the hell are you worried about?

Donna_88
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:18 AM
Thanks, I honestly never knew about the exemptions.
I love my girls!
JenniferLeh
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:18 AM

I don't remember where or when..but I remember awhile back flu vaccines were being mandated. Everyone was required to get flu shots for their kids.

hillary_rose
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:23 AM

http://www.nvic.org/

www.vaclib.org

www.vaccineriskawareness.com

Some good sites! Shot are only recommended.

hillary_rose
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:25 AM

They can't make you give your children the flu vaccine. That is against the law. Since the needle breaks the skin it is considered like a surgical procedure and that always comes with a warming of serious injury or death. They cannot force you to do this.

Quoting JenniferLeh:

I don't remember where or when..but I remember awhile back flu vaccines were being mandated. Everyone was required to get flu shots for their kids.

dawnjohnson5
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Quoting ImNotASheep08:

I'm in Texas too. We have all 3 exemptions here. My girls go to school on a philosophical exemption. We could also use religious exemptions. Anyway, no it's not against the law to not vaccinate. Don't let anyone ever make you believe it is. We all have the right to choose what we want for ourselves and our children regarding their health and well being. I feel WE unvaccinating parents deserve to be respected.

True.

My dd had a rare bad reaction to her 1st set of shots also.  We are in Texas and filed an exemption for ds to go to school without being vax'd.

Ethansmom85
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:54 AM

omg does anyone know the school regs for NYC?? I dont know that i wanna vax mine...or at least delay vax him.

hillary_rose
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:01 PM

check the links in the previous replies.

Quoting Ethansmom85:

omg does anyone know the school regs for NYC?? I dont know that i wanna vax mine...or at least delay vax him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)