Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please help i'm at the end of my rope

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:21 AM
  • 4 Replies

i seriously need some help and prayers ladies i'm so stressed out right now, my life seems to be in the crapper right now, i work part time only so i can't afford to pay a regular babysitter/daycare, i can't get a full time job because if i have trouble finding a sitter for 5 hours a day where am i gonna find a sitter for 8 hours anyways the real problem is with my daughter who is 3 years old she acts like she is possessed sometimes lol i know it sounds weird but she is really bad bad to the point where no one really wants to watch her anymore when i try and tell her something she screams no at me with such anger and i'm wondering what can i do to help her she fights with her brother who is 2 takes his toys away from him hits him  i know this is probably normal stuff but the issue is when i try and dicipline her she dosen't seem to care then another thing when i try and show affection to her she pushes me away and says leave me alone she is only 3 why would she say something like this so i'm stressed out about the sitter and my daughter any words of advice oh and another thing i can't receive assistance for daycare because my kids have money in the bank so please don't tell me to try and get assistance

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
adamjackie
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:24 AM

IDK what you can do about your dd other then find the punishment that works. Find something she hates and do that like time outs, take away fav toy, take away tv. Good luck.

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:02 PM

wave

Hi
proudmomaridom,

You may also want to visit this CafeMom Group:

Advice for Moms

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

Neeters1
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Do you have health insurance.  If you do, you might want to see about getting her tested for like ADHD or something like that.  It sounds like you are having a battle really bad.  Good luck to you momma. 

WAHM of 2 cute and adorable boys! :)

Brandon and Zachary

My Brandon has Autism....

-- Neeters! :)

shorty7452
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:35 PM

another mom here had suggested to me positive reinforcement....like praising her for all the good things she does or a small treat...im trying it with my 6yr old right now....i was punishing my daughter but it was not working...good luck

Freecycle for New Jersey Moms CLICK THE PICTURE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)