Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty training: Update

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:46 AM
  • 10 Replies

I have to get my 2yo potty trained by the summer. I start classes and she can't go to the daycare I want her to go to because she has to be potty trained first. So here are a few things I'm trying:

1.Take sippy cup away and let her drink from a regular one.

2.No drinking during nap or bedtime

3.keep putting her on the potty every 10 minutes after she eats breakfast, lunch or dinner

If you have any more suggestions that helped you during the potty training stage please let me know. Thank you

So it was just yesterday when I asked about the potty training tips. Today is the 3rd day of the potty training process. I am pleased to announce that yesterday and today will be two whole days that my dd has gone without an accident. Not even during her nap time. She has been in underwear all day yesterday and today, except last night when I put a pamper on her. Taking the sippy cup away definitely did the trick.

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
redheadmama1215
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:48 AM

I'd like to hear some suggestions too. I'm still trying to get my 2 year old son potty trained.

bump

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:48 AM

Sounds like you  are doing all the right things mama! Good luck girls usually potty train way before boys I have a 2yo boy and he is about there I started a yr ago though LOL. He was showing signs he was ready and so we started.

daralynn
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:43 PM

My 2yr.old DD was in pull-ups till she was almost 3, she would use the potty half the time and the other half the pull-up and then change herself. I got sick of buying pull-ups so I decided that when they ran out that was it, I bought several packages of underware ( tinkerbell, dora, my little pony, mickey mouse ect ) When the pull-ups ran out she didnt even have a problum with it, she loved her new underware and started useing the potty all the time!! I wish I had done it sooner LOL!!

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:45 PM

wave

Hi
thurbese,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

The Potty Training Moms Support Group!

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

GinaHarris
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:48 PM

I need potty training help too. My DD is 3 (she turned 3 on Jan 8) she refuses to use the potty. She for about a month back in Nov would use it every morning but then all of the sudden quit. I have her in pull-ups and have been trying to train her off and on for over 6 mths. I even bought her panties. She doesnt want to wear them  

MandySilver87
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:50 PM

don't use pull-ups! just put her in underwear. pull ups will pull the wetness away and she won't know when she is wet or not.

hattiemae1
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:50 PM

i'm potty training right now too.  if you want to send me a pm with your email on it i will email you something that should help.

thurbese
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:53 PM

Great. Thanks. I"m glad I'm on the right track. BTW I love your screen name.

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

Sounds like you  are doing all the right things mama! Good luck girls usually potty train way before boys I have a 2yo boy and he is about there I started a yr ago though LOL. He was showing signs he was ready and so we started.

thurbese
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 6:15 PM

bump

mooremom
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 6:33 PM

This is what worked for me.....

I planned to stay home for the week with very little running around so my dd could have quick access to the potty.

I served plenty of salty snacks to promote drinking and lots of urinating.

I used pull ups in the beginning........ONLY

I set my stove timer for every 30 minutes. EVERY 30 minutes, we rode the pee train, flew the pee pee plane, rode the pee pee horse, whatever to keep it fun TO THE POTTY. When we got there, I checked her pull up to see if it was dry. If it was dry, then she got to choose a sticker and put it on herself, her potty or on a piece of paper I posted on the wall next to her potty. If she was wet, she didn't get a sticker, but still sat on the potty. If she peed, I made a super huge big deal about it and gave her two m&m's one for each hand. We called family members, jumped screaming yeah, blah, blah, blah. Big deal.

If she was wet, no sticker, no m&m's and no big deal, just a pull up change.

After we began to have success, I started the timer every hour and moved to panties and not pull ups. I put towels under her if she was playing on couch, etc. in case of accidents. I also took her to the store as a reward for the successes and let her PICK OUT HER OWN PANTIES. She chose Disney Princess, BTW.

In an effort to get her to sit on the potty, I placed a SPECIAL box of toys next to her potty that she could only play with if she sat on the potty. I bought a view master and put a few of her special most loved toys in the box.

Most of this advice came from, The No Cry Potty Training Solution and it WORKED for me in a week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)