Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the pill - killer or not?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:00 PM
  • 60 Replies

let me start by saying this is not i repeat NOT a debate! i have spent hours doing research and cant find actual PROOF or SCIENTIFIC STUDIES to prove one side or the other. i need some form of bc but i dont want to use something that could cause miscarriages instead of preventing pregnancy.  ALSO,  i AM NOT condemning others that use the pill, this is MY OPINION because i have lost several babies, and its hard to think about losing more, whether i know or not... so please play nice!

NOW the actual question!

Does anyone know of any sites or have links where i can find proof unbiased info and actual FACTS on whether  and which BC pills are safe and PREVENT not END pregnancies??

Im a married, 21yr old, over protective SAHM, to two of the best naturally birthed, co-sleeping, un-vaccinated, spanked when needed, breastfed til 2, vitamin taking, naturally eating sons anyone could ask for!

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyOnLI
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:02 PM

if you have done your research and you know your FACTS like you state, then you don't need our help, bc apparently by your post you KNOW IT ALL.

thebestbrianne
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:03 PM

I have never heard of a birth control pill that ends pregnancy as opposed to preventing them. Have you talked to your doctor about this? I have been on many birth controls and never had a miscarriage.

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

Litalea
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Why dont you just go to the pills websites???

~*~ Lita ~*~

mrs.olmstead
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:07 PM

thank you!

Quoting Jademom07:

http://kidshealth.org/teen/sexual_health/contraception/contraception_birth.html

http://www.arhp.org/hormonalcontraception/

try these.

Im a married, 21yr old, over protective SAHM, to two of the best naturally birthed, co-sleeping, un-vaccinated, spanked when needed, breastfed til 2, vitamin taking, naturally eating sons anyone could ask for!

msmoody
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Hmm..going by your siggy (you can tell a lot about a person by their siggy sometimes), I'd suggest going the natural route when it comes to BC...abstinence. Every BC product has it's risks. We all know this. Anyone who has even seen a commercial knows the side effects. It's just a matter of weighing the risks versus the benefits.

And unbiased links? Good luck..

Hey Sanctimommies....your attachment parenting, non-circumcising, breastfeeding, anti-leash holier than thou bullshit doesn't fly around here. Many of us finally woke the fuck up and realized that in the big picture...the one that MATTERS...none of that shit will make a difference in your child's life.  They still grow up, they still move away, and they'll still think you're an overbearing flake.  Stop living for your child and just LIVE, or you will find yourself alone and knitting vibrator covers in a room filled with cats.  ~~tynmer

on_the_move
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:09 PM

lol well said!

Quoting msmoody:

Hmm..going by your siggy (you can tell a lot about a person by their siggy sometimes), I'd suggest going the natural route when it comes to BC...abstinence. Every BC product has it's risks. We all know this. Anyone who has even seen a commercial knows the side effects. It's just a matter of weighing the risks versus the benefits.

And unbiased links? Good luck..

zillionaire
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Did you know that Pamprin and other PMS meds can cause miscarriages?  Neither does most of the other women I've talked to.  It is true.  Now you know.

mrs.olmstead
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:10 PM

i actually did! but most people will think your "uneducated" for saying that!

Quoting zillionaire:

Did you know that Pamprin and other PMS meds can cause miscarriages?  Neither does most of the other women I've talked to.  It is true.  Now you know.

adulation
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:11 PM

all birth control pills work by  preventing ovulation and thickining cervical mucous to make it difficult for sperm to pass through or survive.  they work to prevent pregnancy.

if you want more information talk to your OBGYN.

owner of single and never married moms        owner of birth control forum

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)