Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help, kinda long. PIOG

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:28 PM
  • 1 Replies

Ok, I have been having some problems with my son and im really confused on what to do. He has his check up next week at the doc, but i need some help on this one. He had colic until about 4 months and since the colic went away he still cries a lot and has belly aches really bad and his ezcema flares up a lot, especially on his face. He wakes up in the middle of the night with belly aches too and is either really constipated or has bad diarreha. I looked up these symtoms and the book said those symtoms could be a milk allergy, so i bought a can of soy formula to see if that helped, gave him a bottle last night and he slept from 10 to 4:30(which is a big deal) but then woke up this morning with a rash all over his body... what do i do?

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
mommy_of-2
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Someone told me once that soy can cause allergies later in life.  So my son couldn't have reg formula I switched to that gentle ease(sp) stuff or a lactose free formula.  That really helped.  If he is very spitty he may be having acid reflux and enfamil has a formula for that with the rice cereal protein...Also for eczema I used this stuff call Aquphor it was like a vaseline type stuff...worked great.  But for the rash I would either call the doc's office or take him to a walk in clinic.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)