Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I make the trip?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:07 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm thinking about making the trip to Ohio with my two kids, from virginia. It's the only time I'll be able to for awhile. The only problem is my DH isn't going to be able to make it as well and I would be driving. It is an 8 1/2 hour drive.

My kids are 18 months and 1 month and a handful of days old. I know the trip well and have emergency equipment in my car and my car is being serviced now.

DH says I can go if I want, that it is my decision. I'm just not to sure if I feel confident enough to make the drive on my own with two kids. But, I'm not sure when the next time is I'm going to be able to see and visit my family.

So what would you do?

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:08 PM

wave

Hi
tes1proudmomma,

You may also want to visit this CafeMom Group:

Advice for Moms

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

lindseydawn1085
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:09 PM

I would go. Could you see if a friend could come with you just in case, and also it would be nice to have someone to tag along that way if you are stuck inbetween exits for miles and one kid starts screaming..

Missi_Me530
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:10 PM

I drove with my 4 kids when my twins were 3 months old to visit family 9 hours away.  I was BFing my twins and pumped on the way there and back.  It wasn't that bad.

tes1proudmomma
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:10 PM

I've been checking with friends, havn't been able to find one yet that would be able to get off work or their husband would let go...my friends husbands are weird..lol

Quoting lindseydawn1085:

I would go. Could you see if a friend could come with you just in case, and also it would be nice to have someone to tag along that way if you are stuck inbetween exits for miles and one kid starts screaming..

LauraMisch
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:11 PM

i'm going out to ohio this weekend with my two children as well!  only my husband is tagging along as we are going out to visit his sister who just ahd their third child.  I'm also expecting!  it will help a great deal to have my hubby there but when iw as expecting my second and had to haul around my crazy 2 year old :) it was a piece of cake for me to do 8 hour trips to and from my grandmother's house.

but if you are already doubting whether or not you'd be okay with the two kids alone, then maybe you should think twice about the trip and save it for another day?! 

Goin' on 3!!! Check out our progress and other fun tidbits @ http://mischbebes.blogspot.com/

daniellestarr
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:12 PM

i think you will do fine!! just go!! maybe if you leave at bed time they will sleep the whole way there that might work!!

Katee1107
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:30 PM

I live in DE and we just went out w/ our two girls recently. It's about a 8 1/2 drive as well. My kids were 1 and 2.. and we went last year when they were 18 months and 7 months.. I've also driven the trip w/ a 1 month old..

Needless to say.. It's not THAT bad. I mean if you're lucky hopefully your 1 month old would sleep most of hte time. If you have a portable dvd player and ur 18 month will watch a movie that's an option. I would go though. I mean you'll have a lot of fun when your w/ your family!! What time of day would you leave?

KATE::: Mom to two little Irish Twins, Fiance to a great man, loves Christmas time, huge fan of the EAGLES, lovees girls night out, oh and I'm pretty straight forward and honest... you don't like it, sorry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)