Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the word "bashing"... what does it mean??

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:29 PM
  • 10 Replies

Yes, I know this will probably start drama, but it doesn't stop it from being a good video. (And making a good point.)

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vigil254
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Wow...that's all I can say.

bump.

MommaRose98
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Video has good point. I also know that there are christians all over the world who are persecuted and killed for their religion. Jesus Christ was bashed and hung on a cross. We just have freedom here in America to practice our own religions....thank a vet for that! I don't think anyone should be bashed. I don't think these two sides should be compared.

melamommy24
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Quoting MommaRose98:

Video has good point. I also know that there are christians all over the world who are persecuted and killed for their religion. Jesus Christ was bashed and hung on a cross. We just have freedom here in America to practice our own religions....thank a vet for that! I don't think anyone should be bashed. I don't think these two sides should be compared.

That's true, but this post is more about what happens here in the US, where the majority of the population is Christian and not killed for their religion. (Persecuted, yes, but everyone is persecuted for something these days.)

MommaRose98
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:51 PM

Not trying to be nasty, but I did make that point.  I agree with you it shouldn't be happening.  I We just have freedom here in America to practice our own religions....thank a vet for that!

Quoting melamommy24:

Quoting MommaRose98:

That's true, but this post is more about what happens here in the US, where the majority of the population is Christian and not killed for their religion. (Persecuted, yes, but everyone is persecuted for something these days.)

Tyrtyl
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:56 PM

I am loving this video...it actually gets the points across.  Kudos to you for posting it.

melamommy24
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Thanks! My cousin posted it on her blog and I kind of stole it from her, but I really enjoyed it and thought it made a very good point. I'm afraid that it will make some people mad (I'm sure it will), but oh well.

Quoting Tyrtyl:

I am loving this video...it actually gets the points across.  Kudos to you for posting it.

zodia
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:00 PM

Wow.

I dont see why that would cause drama. It was man speaking for equality { the way i took it anyway} .

I cant beleive there are so many pieces of crap out there though. THe stuff he talked about was sad.

melamommy24
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:17 PM

bump

Clairwil
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:23 PM

I thought it was an excellent video.

I would say, however, that in the sense he uses "bashing", Christian-Bashing does exist:

• August 12, 2007: A lone gunman, Eiken Elam Saimon, opened fire in a Missouri Micronesian church, killing a pastor and two other churchgoers.
  • May 20, 2007: A standoff between police and a suspect in the shootings of three people in a Moscow, Idaho, Presbyterian Church ended with three dead, including one police officer.
  • Although not at a church building, the Oct. 2, 2006, attack in Lancaster County, Pa., by a gunman who killed five girls and then himself at an Amish school targeted a religious site.
  • May 21, 2006: Louisiana. Four were killed by a man at Jesus Christ Church.
  • Feb. 26, 2006: Michigan. Two people were killed at Zion Hope Missionary Baptist Church by a man who reportedly went to the church looking for his girlfriend. He later killed himself.
  • April 9, 2005: A 27-year-old airman died after being shot at a church in College Park, Ga., where he had once worked as a security guard.
  • March 12, 2005: A man walked into the services of the Living Church of God in Milwaukee and open fired immediately, killing seven people.
  • Oct. 5, 2003: A woman opened fire in Turner Monumental AME church in Kirkwood, east of Atlanta, killing the pastor and two others.
  • Sept. 16, 1999: Seven young people were killed when a man opened fire during a prayer service for teen-agers at the Wedgewood Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas.

And that's not touching on places outside the USA, like China

Of course it is debatable how many of those were done by someone who considered themselves to be specifically anti-Christian.

melamommy24
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:28 PM

Quoting Clairwil:

I thought it was an excellent video.

I would say, however, that in the sense he uses "bashing", Christian-Bashing does exist:

• August 12, 2007: A lone gunman, Eiken Elam Saimon, opened fire in a Missouri Micronesian church, killing a pastor and two other churchgoers.
  • May 20, 2007: A standoff between police and a suspect in the shootings of three people in a Moscow, Idaho, Presbyterian Church ended with three dead, including one police officer.
  • Although not at a church building, the Oct. 2, 2006, attack in Lancaster County, Pa., by a gunman who killed five girls and then himself at an Amish school targeted a religious site.
  • May 21, 2006: Louisiana. Four were killed by a man at Jesus Christ Church.
  • Feb. 26, 2006: Michigan. Two people were killed at Zion Hope Missionary Baptist Church by a man who reportedly went to the church looking for his girlfriend. He later killed himself.
  • April 9, 2005: A 27-year-old airman died after being shot at a church in College Park, Ga., where he had once worked as a security guard.
  • March 12, 2005: A man walked into the services of the Living Church of God in Milwaukee and open fired immediately, killing seven people.
  • Oct. 5, 2003: A woman opened fire in Turner Monumental AME church in Kirkwood, east of Atlanta, killing the pastor and two others.
  • Sept. 16, 1999: Seven young people were killed when a man opened fire during a prayer service for teen-agers at the Wedgewood Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas.

And that's not touching on places outside the USA, like China

Of course it is debatable how many of those were done by someone who considered themselves to be specifically anti-Christian.

I was going to say that I know a couple of those were not religiously related, but were targeting specific people.

Why can't we just live and let live... why is that so hard for some people to do??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)