Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chicken Noodle Soup

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:29 PM
  • 17 Replies

I'm starting to feel a little under the weather...it may be an old wive's tale but CNS sounds good right now!

Anyone have a good, quick recipe for it?

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
siobhan21
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:31 PM

bump  :(

sick

Babylove135
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Open the can add water and heat!  LOL The chicken noodle soup I make from scratch isn't quick.

Come join our group where you can talk about whatever you want with no drama!!     www.cafemom.com/group/BusyB

Ethansmom85
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:34 PM

cambells is badass.

Quoting Babylove135:

Open the can add water and heat!  LOL The chicken noodle soup I make from scratch isn't quick.

siobhan21
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:35 PM

brat.  JUST KIDDING!!  Well, I have Tomato Soup...but it didn't sound as good...I have some chicken thawed out already and some carrots, celery, onion...what spices do you put in your soup, if you don't mind telling your secrets.  ;)  I'm just looking to make it not bland...

Quoting Babylove135:

mommalyon66
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:36 PM

I always boil a couple of chicken breasts..without the skin..add some bullion cubes..and then add a little chopped fine onion and celery..and then add some wide egg noodles...I hope you start to feel better soon...

cjsmom0206
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:37 PM

yes, but it's mine so there's no measurements.

• either boil a whole chicken in water, onion carrots, celery etc, or buy a pkg of chicken breasts.
  • several carrots, chunked
  • 4-5 celery stocks, sliced into 1/4 in slices
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • wyler's chicken granules to taste
  • 5-6 red potatoes peeled and quartered
  • 1 pkg egg noodles
  • and if you can find them, 1 pkg frozen egg noodles, not sure of the brand but the pkg is green.

In a lrg stock pot fill a little over half way with water and add a few Tbsp of chicken granules and raw chicken breasts. Bring to a boil and add carrots, celery and onions to the pot. Continue boiling about 25 minutes and remove the chicken. Continue boiling for about 10 minutes and add the potatoes and the frozen egg noodles if you have them. Shred the chicken and return to the pot. After about 15 minutes add the dried egg nooldles and cook until done.

siobhan21

Thank you!  Yep, I have some boullion cubes...cool.

Quoting mommalyon66:

I always boil a couple of chicken breasts..without the skin..add some bullion cubes..and then add a little chopped fine onion and celery..and then add some wide egg noodles...I hope you start to feel better soon...

NFLplayerswife

Here's my favorite CNS recipe:

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)

• 8 cups water
  • 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken meat
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
  • 1 tablespoon dried thyme
  • 3 cloves crushed garlic
  • 1 white onion
  • 4 carrots, sliced
  • 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
  • salt to taste
  • ground black pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS

1. In a large kettle, boil water, chicken, spices, onion, and garlic for 1 hour.
  2. Add carrots, oil, and noodles; boil for 20 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
rag_dollmom
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:38 PM

water, chicken broth, boneless chicken, carrots, celery and noddles; put it all in a pan and let it boil all together for aprox 20/25 minutes. Check the chicken and the carrots to make sure they're done, don't forget lots of lime!!

mommalyon66
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Hmmm...I've never tried putting in red potatoes..I might have to try that the next time I make it..it sounds good!!

Quoting cjsmom0206:

yes, but it's mine so there's no measurements.

• either boil a whole chicken in water, onion carrots, celery etc, or buy a pkg of chicken breasts.
  • several carrots, chunked
  • 4-5 celery stocks, sliced into 1/4 in slices
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • wyler's chicken granules to taste
  • 5-6 red potatoes peeled and quartered
  • 1 pkg egg noodles
  • and if you can find them, 1 pkg frozen egg noodles, not sure of the brand but the pkg is green.

In a lrg stock pot fill a little over half way with water and add a few Tbsp of chicken granules and raw chicken breasts. Bring to a boil and add carrots, celery and onions to the pot. Continue boiling about 25 minutes and remove the chicken. Continue boiling for about 10 minutes and add the potatoes and the frozen egg noodles if you have them. Shred the chicken and return to the pot. After about 15 minutes add the dried egg nooldles and cook until done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)