Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Care package help

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:58 PM
  • 11 Replies

Ok, before you reply, I'm not new to this game, I just need fresh ideas. I have to go to the store today or tomorrow to gather up some things to send off to my hubby, valentine's gift included, so what do you girls suggest? I can't send him appliances because of some wiring problems they have, so that's out. Whacha think? Thanks.

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theskillfactor
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:02 PM

if the budget allows maybe get him a PSP. My friends hubby played with his ALL the time (he is deployed) or new games for his computer, if he has one.

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:09 PM

wave

Hi cjsmom0206

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Military Wives

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

candiH
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:12 PM

Maybe you can go to build a bear... make a bear just for him and add a personal recording to it. I think that would be a great Valentines day gift.  

cjsmom0206
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:17 PM

he will be buying a new computer real soon, I guess....so maybe.  Any other suggestions?

Quoting theskillfactor:

if the budget allows maybe get him a PSP. My friends hubby played with his ALL the time (he is deployed) or new games for his computer, if he has one.

cjsmom0206
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:27 PM

bump girls, not just material items, it can be food related too

Navygurl76
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:34 PM

I sent off a V-Day care package to a friend over in Kuwait and I bought a few different kinds of v-day candy. I also bought the pilsbury v-day sugar cookies w/ hearts and stuff in the dough. I also bought one of those muffin baking tins that has the heart shapes and made him brownies in the shape of hearts.

cjsmom0206
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Thanks, those are cute ideas.

Quoting Navygurl76:

I sent off a V-Day care package to a friend over in Kuwait and I bought a few different kinds of v-day candy. I also bought the pilsbury v-day sugar cookies w/ hearts and stuff in the dough. I also bought one of those muffin baking tins that has the heart shapes and made him brownies in the shape of hearts.

dre_bunny
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Both times my hubby has been deployed he has been gone for Easter... He and his friends would eat one of those 1lb chocolate bunnies every year. So I would send him 2 of those and the chocolate marshmallow eggs in the egg cartons.... lol. That type of stuff. A lot of "holiday candy". So send him a lot of V-day candy. And maybe a nice Hallmark, and some sexy V-day lingerie pics...  

evaleesmom
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:43 PM

i like the build a bear idea.. i love build a bear!! maybe that and some candy!!!

cjsmom0206
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:47 PM

I don't think BAB is quite his thing, I think he'll think I'm a big dork and end up giving it to one of the kids anyways, but candy would be a sure hit....he's requested tootsie rolls and twizzler's so he knows he's getting that along with powdered, flavored coffee creamer to foo foo up his coffee (his words, not mine), but after that I am sort of stumped.....oh, and he just left 3 weeks ago, so it's the first one I'm sending this deployment.

Quoting evaleesmom:

i like the build a bear idea.. i love build a bear!! maybe that and some candy!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)