Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

moms who have two kids close in age....i need help!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:26 PM
  • 17 Replies
When did it get better? I have a 20 month old and a 3 week old..I love them dearly, but dear god...when did you get in a routine and not wanting to go hide in the bathroom?

toddler boyParker (6-1-07) baby boyColten (1-15-09) 

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:28 PM

wave

Hi
Rhynestonefreak,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Closely Spaced Siblings

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

kyleandmegsmom
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:29 PM

My children are 18 months apart and I remember feeling that way.  It made it harder b/c my dd was colicky.  I think it got easier when my youngest got a little older, maybe at least 6 months or so.  Hang in there.  Once they get older it makes it soo much easier!

Janette81
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:30 PM

My second was very easy but as far work wise, (cooking, cleaning, changing 2, etc.), I would say it never gets easier, lmao!!!  No seriously though, once the older one starts getting bigger and being more "independent", (as independent as they can be at that age!) it does get easier.  When the baby starts sitting up and entertaining him/herself that is a big help too.  Hang in there!

momof4kids1969

Oh sweetie I feel for you...mine are now 13, 12 and 10.....I still want to run and hide in the bathroom!!!

AmandaBBW

mine are about 15 months apart and it really wasnt a hard transition for us. things are different for everyone and im sure it will get better soon.

snoopy21276
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:31 PM

first congrats on new baby! My kids are 15 months apart.. i would say the first year i barely slept, ate or sat down without a kid in my arms.. does the older one take naps??? Once the baby is about 6 months and on a better sleeping pattern it does provide a breather.

Good luck and stay sane! Btw my kids are 3 and 5 now. and are in preschool full days.. took me 4 years.. but I finaly got my home back a few hours a day!

jella31
by Angela on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:33 PM

my daughters are 15mos apart.21mos and 61/2mos.thins will fall into place eventually. but it is easier once the baby starts sleeping more at night.try to include your oldest like have her get you a diaper or pick up little stuff like that.mine are actually asleep together right now*sigh* i think i might go nap as well lol

ljliammama
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:33 PM

I have 2 boys who were born 16months apart...the stage that you are it was the easiest for me.  Once they were both mobile was when the real fun started.  And now that they are 2 & 3, they feed off of each other.  One goes left the other goes right. The only time that its great is when they are playing with each other...even that ends up in a fight most days!  Sorry to be a rain cloud but enjoy the fact that the baby can only lay there for right now!  You'll get a routine down...

ShinyMomma3

I have two that are exactly 19 months apart.  I remember being in that same boat as you.  Forever to get ready to go somewhere or just trying to "survive" at home.  The first month or two was the hardest but once I got a semi normal routine going.  Which my kids werent on a strict schedule but they did things around the same time daily.  It got easier.  Now theyre almost 7 and 5 and the best of friends and playmates.  It was hard for my 5 yr when her brother went to school.  Good Luck and it DOES get better.

ncmommyof3

my youngest will be three on the 22nd and my middle daughter is 4. I haven't reached a good point yet! :)  They now play together and are bestfriends one minute and then out of no where they start fighting like crazy I'm hoping it gets better.  

Visit my blogs daily! http://motheringthree.today.com/  and http://motheringmadesimple.today.com/ 

"It's not just a physical attraction, I love him for every single thing he is. Every word he says, every step he takes. This is something that will never die."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)