Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stimulus?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:33 PM
  • 23 Replies

When are we spost to know if this passed and what where getting andwhen?

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CHRISTINAD34
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:33 PM

BUMP

Katee1107
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:34 PM

BUMP!!

KATE::: Mom to two little Irish Twins, Fiance to a great man, loves Christmas time, huge fan of the EAGLES, lovees girls night out, oh and I'm pretty straight forward and honest... you don't like it, sorry

stefvan
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:34 PM

It's not that kind of stimulus.  It's for the bailout.

Ethansmom85
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:35 PM

Quoting stefvan:

It's not that kind of stimulus.  It's for the bailout.

mom2four1978
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:36 PM

The current stimulus bill is not like the last one. There will not be any checks for individuals, just tax breaks if you do certain things.

mommy2ree
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:37 PM

From what I heard last night on the news it could be a while as they just added more items to now bring the total close to 950billion and it may increase. The Republicans want items removed and the Democrats are adding more so I think it could be a while. I also tried to find a break out of what they want and where but can't find one.

harvgal04
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:37 PM

okay the lady that just did our taxes yesterday did say that everyones getting another stimulus check this year and its suppose to be sooner than the one we got last year, but she doesnt know exactly when.

stefvan
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:38 PM

Where did she get that info?

Quoting harvgal04:

okay the lady that just did our taxes yesterday did say that everyones getting another stimulus check this year and its suppose to be sooner than the one we got last year, but she doesnt know exactly when.

who_youd_b2day
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:42 PM

According to the Huffington Post (Feb 5th 2009 edition)

Obama is moving forward with what he has billed as his top priority: an economic stimulus package called the "American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan." He is scheduled to meet with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), and possibly the Republican leaders in both chambers. In his weekend radio address, Obama said that his goal is to put together a plan that "not only creates jobs in the short-term but spurs economic growth and competitiveness in the long-term." The package will focus on providing assistance to low- and middle-income Americans, strengthening the nation's infrastructure, and investing in states that are struggling with falling revenues, with the goal of creating or preserving at least 3 million jobs over the next two years

40 percent of the stimulus bill toward tax breaks aimed at businesses and middle-class workers. Most workers would receive a $500 payroll credit, and some businesses would "receive incentives to create jobs and make equipment purchases more affordable.

Donating my daughters organs didnt make my grief any easier or make me hurt any less it meant her journey on this earth was not over . It meant that her journey of love and life will live on through her recieptants .Because my daughter fought lung disease her entire life.because I am PRO organ/tissue donation

harvgal04
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:13 PM

Im not sure, I just know what she told me.

Quoting stefvan:

Where did she get that info?

Quoting harvgal04:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)