Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PMS = PSYCHO?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:48 PM
  • 5 Replies

So is it possible to have psychotic tendencies for like a week or so before  your period arrives?  Seriously psycho,  like feeling angry for no reason, REALLY REALLY angry?  Actually expressing verbally that you feel so mad you could kill somebody?   

You can just answer my question above, or read the background as to why I am asking and give me more advice, either is very much appreciated. Thanks.

She says her excuse for her behavior is PMS.

My brother is stuck in an abusive relationship.  Total classic abusive cycle.  He gets beat, he is verbally abused, emotionally etc.  He is a stay at home dad and his fiance works.  She admittedly can not handle the baby.  She also doesn't allow him to talk to any one of the opposite sex, so she wont let him work.  She would rather be poor and struggle every month vs. my brother getting a job to help out.  He has a degree!  Anyway, she treats him like crap ALL the time.  Not just the usual being a bitch. we are talking super cold harsh things only Satan himself would do.  My brother was molested when he was little, and she throws that in his face all the time, saying things like "oh you like it when your ____ touches you" (sorry, don't want to put it on here who it was) she is so hurtful.  She makes him feel like he wanted to be molested and that he enjoyed it - and of course that he is going to be a molester too.  Well of course that hurts him, and he is a very sensitive, emotional guy and so he starts crying and then she tells him "Oh my god, your crying again, you pussy"  WTF!   I don't know what to do.  She is very physical with him too, and she is small and he is like 6"1, but of course he doesn't agree in hitting women, so he takes it.  She punches him, gives him black eyes, broke his nose etc.   When the baby starts crying she looks at him and says "you get him, your the one who wanted to have him!"  I know that I cannot do anything, he has to do what he needs to do to get out. and I am hurting so bad for him.  We live 3000 miles apart, and they are coming out here in a month for vacation and I have to act like I know nothing and that I just love her.. grrrr I don't think I can.   sorry this is so long, thanks if you made it this far.

Justine,  Mother to Irish twins Dylan & Michael

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mamahot13
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:52 PM

First of all i would be doing what u can to talk to him so he can hit his own rock bottom that this chick is not for him. and then i would say u can only do ur best but if hes telling u this info he could be asking u for outside help cause he dont know how to help himself?

melissa632
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:54 PM

yes...pms can make u psycho.  i've recently begun going through that. the week before my period i have become a very hateful person. it's like a switch too...i don't even know it;s coming.

however the rest of it just sounds possessive and jealous and downright mean.

virgosuperstar
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:00 PM

I agree, it sounds as if he is asking for help and you know what, at some point she may forget she is around you and do something like that to him, thats when i would politely take her outside and beat the shit out of her! I am sorry but she sounds like a piece of shit and its only a matter of time before something fatally happens. If I were your brother I would take the baby and leave the bitch, he can get child support! I hope it all works out and let your brother know that its ok to be a sentimental man, there are plenty of women who would appreciate that! I wish him the best!

Quoting mamahot13:

First of all i would be doing what u can to talk to him so he can hit his own rock bottom that this chick is not for him. and then i would say u can only do ur best but if hes telling u this info he could be asking u for outside help cause he dont know how to help himself?

247mamaandwife
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:01 PM
wow, i am so sorry for your brother , what he may want to do is put a nanny cam or something and catch her doing this "phyco" crap to him and then go for full custody and leave her ass and use his degree and give his child a better life then the one they are living now
youngmum1234
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:22 PM

I can get kinda psycho when im near or on that time of the month, to the point where when my cat would walk across the floor i would get extremly annoyed, my bf at the time refesed to talk to me around this time if we were arguing bc it would jsut get into a bigger argument. It can get so bad that one time i talked to my dr about...and he said that there is really nothing he can do. Not a big deal since i have learned to know when its coming and i can control it......but what your brothers GF is doing is NOT pms and even if it was PMS is not an excuse for that type of behaviour at all.....its abuse,and its like a guy that abuses a girl saying o well i was drunk/high or i have high anxiety problems.....i hope your brother leaves her and takes the baby with him bc  she doesnt sound stable at all, i feel sorry for him :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)