Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

whats your opinion on lexapro?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:53 PM
  • 11 Replies

my doctor prescribed me lexapro last week because my baby blues were going too far. it has been a week and i have noticed a change. for the better might i add. my dad isnt ok with me being on lexapro at all, but IS ok with my mom being on zoloft. WTH? right? anyways, he thinks meds cant fix stuff like that. i highly disagree. anyways, my brothers gf sent me an email last night because she's worried about me being on lexapro. its highly addictive, makes you gain weight, something about heart failure blah blah blah. but that can be the case for any medication. just depends on your body.

what have you heard about lexapro?
what do you think about it?
if you take it or have taken it, did it work or not?

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Baby Icons

Age cannot define how good of a mother you are

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MandiK
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:56 PM

I took it, and it definately worked. I actually did gain some weight, but that could have been from other things, not sure. My only issue is that it is addictive. When I went off it I was stupid and went cold turkey rather than tapering down like my doctor suggested. I was very shaky and blacked out a couple times. I think if I had of listened to my doctor and slowly stopped it would have been ok.

dragonfly24
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:57 PM

I had really good luck with it. My doctor perscribed it to me for the same reasons and I feel better now and it really helped with my depression. The only thing I didnt like was my sex drive was gone. All antidepressants cause that for me so I quit taking it and am still doing really good.

TIA(31)  DH(38) T-MAN (10) T-BONE (5) LAYLA BUG 08-25-2008!!!!

brittneyon
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:57 PM

how long did you take it for?

Quoting dragonfly24:

I had really good luck with it. My doctor perscribed it to me for the same reasons and I feel better now and it really helped with my depression. The only thing I didnt like was my sex drive was gone. All antidepressants cause that for me so I quit taking it and am still doing really good.

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Baby Icons

Age cannot define how good of a mother you are

dragonfly24
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:58 PM

about 2 or three months

TIA(31)  DH(38) T-MAN (10) T-BONE (5) LAYLA BUG 08-25-2008!!!!

shelljeff
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:59 PM

My sister is on it and it has really helped her.

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
pookybear94
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:59 PM

I am on it and love it yeah the weight gain sucks but my moods are sooooooo much better.

deeder79
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:02 PM

I took it and it was great.  It does take a good week or two before it gets into your system and starts working.  You do have to be careful when you get off of it and be weaned off of it or it will cause you to get super dizzy and pass out (happened to me when I ran out of pills and didn't take them for a week).

Mommy2Kadin27
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:04 PM
Ive been on it now for 5yrs now and it has worked WONDERS for me....I did gain some weight.Havent had any problems w/my sex drive....If you want to anything else.....

Be A Hero... WishUponAHero.Com

MiasMama123
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Took it on 2 occasions, one to help me deal with a divorce, and another time with a psycotic ex...  and I think it was great!

krisalynn
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:13 PM

I take lexapro, and have been slowely trying to get off of it now. When I took it regularly it worked great. But it is very addictive and getting off is hard. Makes me have a hard time achieving an orgasim. That was the only bad thing about it to me besides getting off of it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)