Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are people thinking when they are selling stuff

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:19 PM
  • 13 Replies

So I'm scrolling through Craigslist for my area.

I'm not sure what world some of these people live in but they are asking way too much for junk.

I'm shocked $200.00 for one butt ugly table and the chairs have rips in the seat.  That's crazy.

Then I love the ones  that post pictures and they couldn't even take the time to uncover the table, it's covered with junk and asking $150.00 for it.

Also, I love how they try use the word unique for some 80's style office breakroom design, no that's not unique that DATED.

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crl1912
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Maybe they are hoping that someone will see the potential. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

bgstoner
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:22 PM

They want fast money? I have no I idea. I don't show my pics that have my junk in the back ground, or try not to.

yotamomof4
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:22 PM

Quoting crl1912:

Maybe they are hoping that someone will see the potential. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

TessyCat
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:23 PM

That's nothing, I seen one for a 1/2 eaten sandwich for $5! Were they drunk?

baby1love
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:23 PM

I HATE seeing Carseats for sale !!!!!!!!!!! ANY sane person would NEVER buy one from a stranger no matter what. You don't if it's been in an accident or anything plus it's just not safe !

Proud Mama to SuperShaylee and 3 angels (5 weeks Biscuit  3/06 , ButterBean 12 weeks 3/08,8 weeks Baby M 11/08)

candiH
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:24 PM

HAHA! Funny stuff! Sorry momma! 

Hisservent
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:25 PM

I've seen some where they post a pic from the net, not the actual product they are selling. So who knows what it actually looks like.
I sell stuff on craigslist all the time. Just recently sold my washer and dryer for $245 for the set, in just 4 days.

I listed my house on there too, under real estate by broker cause it's listed on remax.com and realtor.com. But I am helping a little. Lol.

All I have, all I am, all I ever will be, is because of you, Lord!

I am a 100% pro-life, wife, church goin Christain, choir singin, recycling, natural products user, vaccinating, non co-sleepin, CIO method user, soy milk drinking, organic milk givin, coffee drinking, dog lovin, schedule stickin to, vitamin givin/takin, soy candle burning, as Green as I can get, WAHM.

MONAinpa
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:26 PM

You never know something that is ugly to you may be be something.

Hisservent
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:27 PM

yeah. I don't think I'd buy mattresses either. Maybea couch or chair, but not the mattress. Who knows how many times it;s been peed on, bled on, or sexed on. lol

Quoting baby1love:

I HATE seeing Carseats for sale !!!!!!!!!!! ANY sane person would NEVER buy one from a stranger no matter what. You don't if it's been in an accident or anything plus it's just not safe !

All I have, all I am, all I ever will be, is because of you, Lord!

I am a 100% pro-life, wife, church goin Christain, choir singin, recycling, natural products user, vaccinating, non co-sleepin, CIO method user, soy milk drinking, organic milk givin, coffee drinking, dog lovin, schedule stickin to, vitamin givin/takin, soy candle burning, as Green as I can get, WAHM.

mommie_b515
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:30 PM

and how many times has that couch or chair been peed on, bled on, or sexed on! lol  I wouldnt buy a matress off craigslist, goodwill, etc either... I've bought a couch set off the prospecter (sp?) and it gave my DH shingles... so never again. I'll go buy from the furnture store...

Quoting Hisservent:

yeah. I don't think I'd buy mattresses either. Maybea couch or chair, but not the mattress. Who knows how many times it;s been peed on, bled on, or sexed on. lol

Quoting baby1love:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)