Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This Sucks...

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:21 PM
  • 7 Replies

This morning I went to the doctor because the last few day my hands have been swelling up. At night it gets so bad that they are red and trobbing. I have also been having headaches lately so I was just associating my problems with my high blood pressure. So I went to the doctor this morning and they have put me on bedrest until next Thursday when I go back. They also took a urine sample and told me that I have 1+ protein in my urine. She said that if it rises, I will be at risk for Toximea.

I am worried about my baby and want to do everything possible to make this better...but at the same time, I am worried about getting behind in my classes. I have a first test in one of my classes and homework due in another.

This really just sucks!!

readingAA in Child Devopment; Ceritificate of Mastery in Child Development; BS in Elementary Education underway

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
candiH
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:23 PM

hugs

Sorry momma! 

BeachMomof2boys
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:23 PM

How far along are you?

I am a christian, private school sending, SAHM, used to be nurse before a Mommy of two awesome boys, happily married to my high school sweet heart, who's been through thick and thin, and still going. I pack up and go where DH job takes us. Who knows where we will be next. I am a proud republican who doesn't know squat about politics. But there is one thing that I am sure of and that is I love my boys with all my heart including my DH and would give my life for anyone of them. And last but not least my motto is "Live each day like it is your last and Go that extra mile, it's not crowded."
milmiracle
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:24 PM

I know that was your very first mistake.

marina069
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:25 PM

i am so sorry, i had severe preeclampsia with my first baby, i ended up having an emergency c-section at 34 weeks because my blood pressure was so high, just stay in bed like your dr has said or it could get worse, can you do your homework from bed?  this may sound harsh but i wouldn't really worry about your school work right now, you need to take care of yourself and keep your stress and blood pressure down, how far along are you?  i'm here if you want to talk, hugs

Lauri, mommy to 2 princesses

BBowMommy
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:39 PM

I am 25 weeks today.

Normally I wouldn't worry about school dealing with a medical issue but the semester is really important to my degree. I am taking my first round of classes for Elementary Education. One of my classes requires us to do observations in actual school classrooms. It must sound horrible but I cant help but worry. 

readingAA in Child Devopment; Ceritificate of Mastery in Child Development; BS in Elementary Education underway

Mrs.J.Howard
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:41 PM

I know its hard... But don't worry about the classes... It is much more important that you take care of your health right now... Remember you are not only thinking about your own health, but the health of the baby also.... The classes will always be there to take care of at a later time... i understand the whole GPA thing, but don't sweat it for now... You will be able to work on that later... Can you drop the classes so that the grades do not affect your overall GPA? If not, then maybe the professors will cut you some slack with a doctors note and extend the deadline dates for you to take the test and turn in the assignments.

marina069
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:37 PM

no, it doesn't sound horrible and i DID NOT mean to sound harsh, i was just worried about you and your baby, preeclampsia is horrible and to get it at 25 weeks is very early, i do understand you being worried about school, i hope things get better with your blood pressure and i am here if you want to talk, hugs

Quoting BBowMommy:

I am 25 weeks today.

Normally I wouldn't worry about school dealing with a medical issue but the semester is really important to my degree. I am taking my first round of classes for Elementary Education. One of my classes requires us to do observations in actual school classrooms. It must sound horrible but I cant help but worry. 

Lauri, mommy to 2 princesses

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)