Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have TMJ Disorder?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:12 PM
  • 17 Replies

I think I do.  I always have trouble with my jaw....I clench my teeth when I am stressed and the past 2 days have been a little stressful.

Anyway I am having terrible pain all along my jawline up to my temple.  I took a muscle relaxer but I was wondering if it sounded like TMJ Disorder to anyone who has it

american flag ribbon 
Kisser of Boo-Boos, Maker of Cupcakes, Planner of Parties, Chauffer of Child Stars, Giver of Hugs, Defender of Sweet Dreams and the completely exhausted Mommy of Asia and Roman

Tummy Trouble??? http://www.cafemom.com/group/85015

listening to tunes           baseball
Asia Briana             Roman Anthony
8-1-97                        6-27-01

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemymarine306
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:14 PM

sure sounds like it to me.  i had it so bad that i had to have my dentist pry my jaw open when it froze shut.  that was a very painful time...lol

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Rksmommy1122

I don't but here is a  BUMP for you. bump

smiles2008

i have it and when it flares it goes from my jaw to my ear not as far as my temple but it may be.

ebbierowe
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:17 PM

I guess I should be more clear...it seems to more of a headache at my temple..if that makes sense

Quoting smiles2008:

i have it and when it flares it goes from my jaw to my ear not as far as my temple but it may be.

american flag ribbon 
Kisser of Boo-Boos, Maker of Cupcakes, Planner of Parties, Chauffer of Child Stars, Giver of Hugs, Defender of Sweet Dreams and the completely exhausted Mommy of Asia and Roman

momof50710

i have TMJ and i grind my teeth. i went to walmart and got a night time mouth guard and i have found that it helps so much. i also take anti imflammatorys. if i miss just one or forget to put in the mouth piece. its like starting all over again. if neone else has any helpful hints. plz share. this crap is painful....

ebbierowe

I can imagine....I really didn't want anything else to be wrong with me...lol

Quoting lovemymarine306:

sure sounds like it to me.  i had it so bad that i had to have my dentist pry my jaw open when it froze shut.  that was a very painful time...lol

american flag ribbon 

ebbierowe
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:18 PM

I already take anit-inflammatorys for my Crohn's Disease...lol

I have a mouth guard but I swear every time I wear it I end up taking out in my sleep...just stubborn..

Quoting momof50710:

i have TMJ and i grind my teeth. i went to walmart and got a night time mouth guard and i have found that it helps so much. i also take anti imflammatorys. if i miss just one or forget to put in the mouth piece. its like starting all over again. if neone else has any helpful hints. plz share. this crap is painful....

american flag ribbon 

MommyLoca
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:18 PM

Sounds like tmj to me. My sister has tmj.

RaulitosMommy
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:22 PM

I have it..when you chew your jaw pops..at least mine does...it hurts alot from the  jawbone all the way up to the temple..i clench and grind my teeth at night and it sucks..oh..TMFI but when I am giving oral it hurts so bad I get dizzy and my ears start ringing...i am  a dental assistant(not practicing) there is no real cure for it

tattooI am a tattoed, pierced, non-church going, public school sending, vaccinating, spanking, swear word using, bilingual teaching, MAC makeup obsessedLipstick 3, don't skinny dip-I chunky dunk, single mom of a beautiful boy!

mamahot13
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:25 PM

Thats me too with the oral and my tmj. I wondered for yrs if it was i just didnt like giving oral but in the last cpl yrs since finding out i have had tmj this whole time now i know why i hate giving oral its a killer on my jaw....lol

Quoting RaulitosMommy:

I have it..when you chew your jaw pops..at least mine does...it hurts alot from the  jawbone all the way up to the temple..i clench and grind my teeth at night and it sucks..oh..TMFI but when I am giving oral it hurts so bad I get dizzy and my ears start ringing...i am  a dental assistant(not practicing) there is no real cure for it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)