Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Such a tradegy..... My uncle and cousin

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:00 PM
  • 9 Replies

So, My mom calls me this morning and tells me that my uncle in Florida house has caught on fire last night at 12:23am.. I was a alarm 3 fire which means there is nothing left.. Also it burned up 3 cars in his driveway..My cousin jumped out of the window to her safety.. My uncle tells his girlfriend to jump out the window and he decides he wants to go out the bedroom to see how bad it was (leave it to a man) then then sees the couch in gulf-ed in flames so he throws a blanket over and looks down and notices the rug on fire and he is barefoot and burns his feet.. He then gets out of the house and goes around to find his girlfriend cause he told her to get out through the window..He doesn't see her and realizes she is still in the bedroom so he immediately gets a brick and throws it through the window which leads to making the smoke and heat get even more fierce and he can't get in there to get his girlfriend cause it is to hot.. She didn't make it she died in the fire... My uncle is okay he is in the hospital with smoke inhalation and some burns on his feet and face.. My cousin got out with not a scratch on her or anything...My grandma said he is doing the best he can but doesn't think that the shock has hit him yet... She said he was writing down what he needed to do etc... He hasn't dealt with his girlfriend being killed yet... It will hit him and it will be sad... He has nothing... He came out in a towel he has no clothes whatsoever.. No underwear nothing...I feel so bad cause I live in Virginia and don't have the funds to fly out there...My grandma told my mom to not come he says he is fine and needs no help but you know you would like to just be there for him and let him know his family is here to help him...I don't know! I am lost! I have cried today a lot....

Thank you for listening... I will attach the links to the paper for you guys to read once again thank you..Oh and in the paper it says a space heater my uncle says he didn't have any space heaters.. he said he had electrical heat and a/c so the paper is wrong..

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local/story/Woman-killed-in-Bradenton-house-fire/Saz7MEdXGEWtwddDwXv7Rg.cspx

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20090205/BREAKING/902050272?Title=Woman_dies__man_injured_in_Bradenton_house_fire

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
juliegorham
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:03 PM

how sad, im so sorry for your family's loss.

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:03 PM

I am SO sorry... I cannot imagine what your uncle and cousin have gone through and will go through with the death of the GF. I will pray for them!

my-heart-belongs-to3

kaitlynsmommy31
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:04 PM

Me too.

Quoting juliegorham:

how sad, im so sorry for your family's loss.

MommaLaura
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:04 PM

Wow. I am so sorry for your Uncle and cousin. I am sorry his girlfriend died, but glad to hear that your uncle and cousin made it out safetly. My heart goes out to you and your family. hugs

Dana7903
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Thank you ladies!

sad

mombrinda3

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Mrszxcop3land

sorry to hear that..

many warm thoughts to you and your family.

Starlenegirl
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:07 PM

I'm sorry.  I'll pray for him and the family.

noahscott
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:10 PM

i'm so sorry for your family's loss..  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)