Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husband got the news

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:46 PM
  • 20 Replies

That he's unemployed next week. The company doesnt know how long it will be. Could be days,weeks or months. They laid off 20 others. I have a question though we have free health insurance that his work pays for. How long will we have it before they cut us off? The boss just said your laid off next week but orders could come in the week after. Does anyone know anything about this? He is going to contact human resource tomorrow. Thanks!

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jodyann2
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:47 PM

normally its 30 days...

BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Bump....

Kenre
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:47 PM

That's something you DH needs to ask his boss. You could also check with the insurance company directly.

I'm a co-sleeping, baby carrying, cloth diapering, early potty training, delayed/selective vaccinating, circumcising, gardening and hunting, just lost my job, animal loving, breastfeeding, no spanking, no screaming, Kazdin Method using, sign language using, book loving, Pagan living Witch, pro-life, meat eating, head strong mommy of a baby boy who is gifted (Sept 25, 07), a step-son with PDD-NOS Autism (Jun 11, 04), due August 5, 2009.
Join Me In These Groups: Pagan & Proud | Natural Nurturing | 2007 Babies | Baby Sign Language | Hard Ass Mommas | Old Fashioned & Anti Mainstream Moms | Step-Parenting | Moms Against Child Sexual Abuse | Caylee Anthony

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Normally 30 days after you get laid off or quit..... Good luck mamma.

TJP_ASP_MOMMY
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Im not sure but here is a bump. I hope everything works out! 

*}][{ ~ NiCoLe ~ }][{*

I'm A 24 Year Old Unmarried, Agnostic, Obama supporting, Non-smoking, Pro-choice, Circumcising, Formula-Feeding, Vaccine Giving, Disposable Diapering,  Non Co-Sleeping, CIO, Belly Sleeping, Semi-Strict Disciplining, Book Reading, Public Schooling, Gun Hating, Playing Outside Daily Rain Or Shine, Former Teen, SAH Mommy Of Two & Damn Proud Of It! myspace.com/mommyoftwo2584

*^* If there is a God who will damn his children forever, I would rather go to hell than to go to heaven and keep the society of such an infamous tyrant. *^*  Robert G. Ingersoll

Raeene

What company does your man work for? There are several companies laying people off.... It sucks!

sunshine21pa

Quoting jodyann2:

normally its 30 days...

Thats what I thought!!!!

RaulitosMommy

it will last till they send you a letter that asks if you want to continue the insurance with a co-pay

tattooI am a tattoed, pierced, non-church going, public school sending, vaccinating, spanking, swear word using, bilingual teaching, MAC makeup obsessedLipstick 3, don't skinny dip-I chunky dunk, single mom of a beautiful boy!

BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:48 PM

my s/o has been laid off since before Christmas...we have his benifits for 1 year .  But that could just be because he is a Union Electrician

Quoting jodyann2:

normally its 30 days...

katywaybright
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:49 PM

when my hubby got laid off in the middle of January, his boss told us that our insurance would expire at the end of the month....January 31st

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)