Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son saved me from the cold! Kinda long*

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:47 PM
  • 8 Replies

Ok... so I'm sitting here in the livingroom with my son. He is gonna be 2 in April. So... I keep hearing this really loud noise outside... like if someone keeps revving up their car or something like that. So... I ignored it, but then I decided to go see what was going on. So I open the slider door in the back just to get a peek. And it is REALLY windy! My son is inside playing and he isn't wearing pants or shoes, not even socks. So I close the door behind me, but it NOT locked. You can only lock it from inside.

So I see that it's nothing, just really, really windy. So, I'm ready to come back in .... only the door won't open. And I get scared. My son is in here all alone. He sees me and goes to the door, and he gets a little scared himself. But I smiled at him (so he wouldn't cry).... trying to think of someway to get back inside. The front door is locked, my phone is inside, the keys are inside, and on top of it... I'm not wearing a bra.

This happened to me like 2 months ago. It snowed... it's really rare here in Cali. Especially here in the desert. So... we came outside and played in the snow... and when I came back I couldn't come back in... I had to climb to the second floor.... get on the roof and then climb through  the window that was unlocked. But this time the window was locked so that wasn't an option.

I was starting to freak out, cuz it was SOOO windy outside, almost gonna be dark, I'm only wearing a tank top, no bra, my son is alone inside, my phone and keys are inside, and my hubby won't be home until tommorrow afternoon. My son was just staring at me throught the door, so I was pointing at the lock and he got the hint and somehow unlocked it for me... and I got inside.

Omg! I was so relieved!!!! He barely reached for it too... I just kept looking inside from out there and thinking to myself "How could I be so stupid?" and also "So close, yet so far" and "Gosh, it's so cold out here, but I know it's so warm inside.... " ha ha...

Sorry it's long, but I was starting to panic. Anyone else have something like this happen to them? Please share. I wanna know I'm not the only one!

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
1sttimemommy198
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:49 PM

I got locked out of my apartment one time when my son was taking a nap, so I had to call a locksmith...thankfully one came, but I ended up paying $60 to get back in... 

myfoursonsks
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:50 PM

The biggest thing my kids have saved me from is not having toilet paper....lol.

lavybunch
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:56 PM

I think I would be having that door lock checked.  My kids haven't had to save me but my husband had to. I locked my keys in the car at the store. I had 3 of my kids with me, he had to come from work to unlock the door. He works about 30 min away.

itssweetness
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Smart kid for not even being 2 years old!!!

itssweetness

MollyDB
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:01 PM

OMg that happened to me too. I have a habit of locking the door when I leave and I left to go do laundry (in the basement of our complex) and wehn I came back upstairs the door was locked and my DD was not sleeping but it was her bed time she was crying cause she was so tired. Luckily I had my Cell so I called the police and they called the firestation and they came in through the window (I live on the second floor) and let me in. She was passed out on the floor (from sleep) But it scared the fire fighter he told me to wake her up just to be safe. I did she was fine. She was only 10 months old....I felt SO STUPID and horrible! But I thanked them. :D

Quoting 1sttimemommy198:

I got locked out of my apartment one time when my son was taking a nap, so I had to call a locksmith...thankfully one came, but I ended up paying $60 to get back in... 

I'm a Hefty, baby wearing, co sleeping up to 6 months, wife to an Iraq Veteran,  vacinating, spanking, pro breast AND Formula feeding, pro CIO if they need to, pro lifer but still friends with a aborter, non judging, sarcastic,  Alternative Rock listening, Morbid, Republican, Hard working Stay at home mom of soon to be two, non halloween celebrating Christian who also doesn't go to church or bible thump, pro death penalty for rapists and killers, artistic, photo manipulating just ask me, momma married to my hero and best friend, Glenn, that worships me more than I deserve to be worshiped.

jothra
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:04 PM

DS locked the door on me one day out of habit. When he saw me locked outside, he thought it was funny and ran away (little stinker!). But instead of getting mad I just smiled at him and asked him to unlock it again. Thankfully he complied!

tginn20
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Did I read this right? You left your 10 month old out in your apt alone, when you went down 3 levels to the basement? I hope that was the FIRST and LAST time.....

Quoting MollyDB:

OMg that happened to me too. I have a habit of locking the door when I leave and I left to go do laundry (in the basement of our complex) and wehn I came back upstairs the door was locked and my DD was not sleeping but it was her bed time she was crying cause she was so tired. Luckily I had my Cell so I called the police and they called the firestation and they came in through the window (I live on the second floor) and let me in. She was passed out on the floor (from sleep) But it scared the fire fighter he told me to wake her up just to be safe. I did she was fine. She was only 10 months old....I felt SO STUPID and horrible! But I thanked them. :D

Quoting 1sttimemommy198:

monkeysmom21006
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:09 PM

It wasn't REALLY like this. But when my son was about 18 months old, we were at my grandma's for a lunch party and he started to get cranky so DF took him out to the car. I think he was just getting a bit overwhelmed with all the people. Anyway, for some strange reason, DF decided to put Aiden in the driver's seat with the keys, get out, CLOSE THE DOOR and walk around to the passengers side so he could sit there. Well, sometime between the time he closed the driver's side door and the time he got to the passenger door, my son had LOCKED HIMSELF INSIDE THE CAR. Luckily, it was a gray day, not very cold but definitely not hot. He called me to come outside and I called AAA immediately. The whole time my poor baby was freaking out while we were trying to get him to figure out how to unlock the car. AAA was there in probably 2 minutes, I was still on the phone with the dispatcher. So the guy gets out his tools to get into the car....AND MY SON UNLOCKS THE DOOR...Ah...I laugh about it now but it scared the crap out of me then.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)