Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You know what I really dislike??

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:48 PM
  • 15 Replies

Having to give myself a shot once a week. bad

Now I know there are people that have to give themselves shots more often...but that doesn't make me like mine anymore.

I really don't enjoy needles...

OK I just wanted to share that..

american flag ribbon 
Kisser of Boo-Boos, Maker of Cupcakes, Planner of Parties, Chauffer of Child Stars, Giver of Hugs, Defender of Sweet Dreams and the completely exhausted Mommy of Asia and Roman

Tummy Trouble??? http://www.cafemom.com/group/85015

listening to tunes           baseball
Asia Briana             Roman Anthony
8-1-97                        6-27-01

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brooke501
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:50 PM

What are your shots for? 

lillitigator88
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:50 PM

I'm sorry I wouldn't be able to poke myself..  I am a woos. and I gave my g-ma in law an inulin shot once in her bottom.. bc she needed one and it was the only part of her that wasn't hurting..  Nobody else would do it..  I don't understand why they wouldn't

ebbierowe
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:53 PM

I have crohn's disease and I have to take a  Humira shot every week to control the symptoms

Quoting Brooke501:

What are your shots for? 

american flag ribbon 
Kisser of Boo-Boos, Maker of Cupcakes, Planner of Parties, Chauffer of Child Stars, Giver of Hugs, Defender of Sweet Dreams and the completely exhausted Mommy of Asia and Roman

sunshine21pa
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:56 PM

I had to give myself shots twice a day when I was pregnant! I know its def not fun!!! 

Sirenabella
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:57 PM

You are a stronger person than I am. I couldn't even do it once a week. I hate needles.

KellyChristal
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:59 PM

When were you diagnosed?  I have AS...which can lead to crohn's, but right now I am only diagnosed with IBD...I did Humira for the AS but it was every two weeks, it didnt help at all and it hurt like a bitch...Is it helping you?  I think my son might have crohn's...he is only 2 though.

I am a 30 year old motherless mother, who has a 3 year old princess and a two year old devil, who has been touched by suicide and breast cancer, who got married at 19 and is still married to the same man 11 years later, who is a Certified Texas Teacher but stays at home now, who has Anklosing Spondylitis which is an autoimmune disease, who is a non-church going Christian, that knows it is important to live in the now, because tomorrow is not guaranteed. Oh, and for some reason I collect giraffes!

ebbierowe
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:03 PM

I was diagnosed about 18 years ago.  They actually just increased my dose. because I have my second rectovaginal fistula and they think it may cause my fistula close.  I would really love that cause if not I will be getting a colostomy bag....which I dislike more the the shot..

Well it is keeping the crohn's under control but I developed a fistuala while on it and that is not supposed to happen...but I developed one on remicade too but I had been on that for about 5 years.

why do they think your son has crohn's.

Quoting KellyChristal:

When were you diagnosed?  I have AS...which can lead to crohn's, but right now I am only diagnosed with IBD...I did Humira for the AS but it was every two weeks, it didnt help at all and it hurt like a bitch...Is it helping you?  I think my son might have crohn's...he is only 2 though.

american flag ribbon 

ebbierowe
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:04 PM

I am not fond of them myself :-)

Quoting Sirenabella:

You are a stronger person than I am. I couldn't even do it once a week. I hate needles.

american flag ribbon 

tabhonn
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:06 PM

I feel ur pain!! i just had to start giving myself shots everyday, and will have to for the next 6 months of pregnancy and it SUX!!! my belly is all bruised... :-(  It's not something u ever get used to is it??

SylviaNCali
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:08 PM

That is awful. I hate needles too and with both of my pregnancies I had GD and had to give myself injections 3 times a day and prick my fingers as well for testing the blood sugar levels. No fun at all. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)