Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BPA bottles

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:28 PM
  • 6 Replies

When did bottles start going BPA free? I used Playtex Ventaires with my DD 3 yrs ago and I'm not sure if I need to replace them or if they are fine. Any idea ladies?

Take a guess...have some fun...see if you win.
http://www.expectnet.com/games/NoahHayse

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
stacymomof2
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:31 PM

It pretty recent.  I'm sure you can look on the Playtex website and see if they are, or look up on a BPA information website.  I would guess they are probably not BPA free, usually it's advertised pretty heavily if they are.

mommybecky
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Bottles that are made with BPA are still okay to use.  They pose a risk if you fill them with liquid and then heat them

pugmama
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:35 PM

all the bpa mumbo jumbo started a couple years ago.  if you google it though, you'll see that further studies have proven the original studies to be wrong.  any bottle is fine.  even your old bpa ones.  they contain too little an amount to be a problem.  so, save your money.  =)

21noahsmama21
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Yeah, those will need to be replaced.  they only JUST did the big BPA thing this past year.  The packaging now will have a thing that says BPA FREE (most packages do anyway). 

21noahsmama21
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:37 PM

You're having a Noah!!! I have one, lol, hence the screen name, lol!

Grayander
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Yep I agree, most companies have pulled them off the selves and I know Advent was doing some sort of reimbursement.. 

Quoting 21noahsmama21:

Yeah, those will need to be replaced.  they only JUST did the big BPA thing this past year.  The packaging now will have a thing that says BPA FREE (most packages do anyway). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)