Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should schools be able to?? Please bump after voting..

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:24 PM
  • 162 Replies

Poll

Question: Should schools be able to tell a child no they can not go to the bathroom when they ask?

Options:

Yes

No

Other (explain please.)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 643

View Results

My 10 year old DD had to call me on Tuesday to bring her dry clothes.  It is the second time in 2 weeks that a teacher has told her she can not be excused to go to the bathroom. This time it was during LUNCH! The teacher told her to hold it or pee herself! WTH?? I understand not letting them run the halls unattended but come one now. When you got to go you got to go. Should the school be allowed to tell your child they can not use the bathroom when they ask to be excused to do so? I am not trying to spark an argument between people just curious what others think.

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zipper519
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:25 PM

*BUMP*

stefvan
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:26 PM

NO!  And, that teacher would be dealing with me if she did that to my child.  That is so embarrassing.

That being said, teachers know which kids just use that as an excuse several times a day.  They need to address that - but still NO!

culinaryqueen
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:27 PM

No I do not agree with it at all, if a little one has to go potty then they should be able to.

Remmie
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:27 PM

bump

I voted NO

TessyCat

The only time I could see is if the child has no documented bladder problems and is always asking to get excused from class, but lunch? No that is a time that is acceptable to go pee!

cjsmom0206

I know there are alot of parents on both sides of the spectrum, but I'm a firm believer that they should absolutely not be allowed to tell a child they can not use the bathroom.....I think it's wrong on so many levels. I also remember as a child, my father telling me to notify him if a teacher told me I wasn't allowed to use the bathroom, so I guess that conversation stuck with me.

Ms.Dean

Holding it can cause UTI so i don't think they sould say no. I mean when you have to go yuo have to go.

mrs.burton

bump

MommyOnLI

i posted other bc, there are some children who constantly ask to use the bathroom and dont really need to and when they really need to go, no one believes them.

now i dont know your daughter and i dont know the situation, but when i was working in day care, we had a kid who asked every 10 minutes to go to the bathroom, and when one of went in to check on him, he was sitting in the bathtub playing with the bath toys...

we spoke with his parents and they said he does that alot at home too... and for us to allow him to use the bathroom before and after nap time, and 3 more times during the day.

well it happened that he pooped himself 2x

but what can we do?

Keirasmommy22
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:28 PM

I would be pissed! Plus holding it is not good on your bladder. can cause uti's too believe me I have a messed up bladder from having to hold mine during school for the same reasons.

duckdans.gif picture by crazyazzbamagirlhappiness-1.jpg Happiness image by JamaicaQueen22Carrie38.gif by Carrie image by SigShowBlinkies

SweetieCoastie.gif picture by crazyazzbamagirl
thdaughter.gif love image by m_a_babygirl 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)