Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I right to think this is rude?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:23 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ok so im almost 39wks pregnant with my fourth.  I should be a pro by now..lol.  Well Tuesday I started having contractions around 6pm.  I called my doctor Wed morning around 10amish.  They contractions wernt terriably painful just annoying enough for me not to be able to sleep and pretty regular.  Well he advises me to go to labor and delivery to be monitored. Well I get checked and no change to my cervix.. Only 2cm.  So they have me walk.. I walked 2 hrs waiting for the doctor to come in to see me because thats what he insisted on doing. I was all ready to just come back home take some tylenol pm and pass out.  Welp he finally gets there. Walks in the room SAYS NOTHING!!! Checks me the nurse aksed if there was any change he told her no and said SEE YA to me and walked out.. I was so upset. Am I right in thinking thats rude?  False labor is extremely frustrating btw..hehe  I have an appointment in the morning and im thinking about saying something to him about it, what would you guys do?

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ErikaM27
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Yeah that would piss me off he should be more professional you need to know what's going on!

Profile Comments
Kim24kids
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:26 PM

ummm...ya Not professional at All=/

GL BTW=)

armywife_2000
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:27 PM

That was very rude...some doctors act as if their time is more valuable than yours...  That is just wrong.  I have worked with doctors for 15 years and there is no reason that doctor couldnt say at least something to you.  That is part of his job to take care of his patient, not ignore you just to talk to the nurse....Hope he is more caring the next time he sees you.  Good luck to you and your little one.

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:35 PM

wave

Hi LuckyStars3

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms
Pregnancy

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

|The CafeMom Admin Team

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)