Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Acid reflux question MAY BE TMI FOR SOME!!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:02 PM
  • 6 Replies

I have noticed that in the past week or so I keep having like throw up (at least it's what it feels like) come up and it burns real bad (it stays in my throat or mouth, doesn't come up like throw up)and then I just have this horrible indegestion feeling after.  It's getting worse.  I thought it was just indegestion but I'm wondering if it's acid reflux.  Anyone know?

Oh I am 6 months pregnant if that makes a difference

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 3:46 AM

wave

Hi
amanda357,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

medical questions

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
>>The CafeMom Admin Team

sierracarlisle
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 3:49 AM

bumo for some help for this momma!

SxyPanamami83
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 3:53 AM

thats most likey it. Ive sufferd from it since i was about 17 and sometimes i wake up in the night choking on it unable to breath. ohh man i had it soo bad while pregnant they had me on zantac once aday and i was still poppin rolaids because it was so bad

iluvmybaby175
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 3:56 AM

it's heartburn. welcome to pregnancy hunny.

Photobucket

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

texasgirl1611
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 3:57 AM

do you have pain just under your sternum??  Is this your first pregnancy??  I had this with my son it was really bad.  Tums were my bff.  I started to get a pain between my belly and my chest.  I knew it wasn't the baby or my heart.  Turns out it was my gallbladder.  3 months after my son was born I had emergency gallbladder surgery.  Was badly infected and lots of stones.  I don't mean to scare you just want you to be informed of a maybe.  My sister had the same thing happen and so have other people i've talked to.  Pregnancy from what I understand can induce some gallbladder disease, but I could be wrong.

01-179.gif Snowmen image by chill1950        

Frances785
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 4:07 AM

omg i had the worst acid while prego...ok talk to ur ob and tell them about it...its nothing to worry about. they gave me a perscription for some acid mediacine that i took once in the morning and once in the evening and it worked WONDERS. i cant think of what its call tho.

all i know is that it was a generic of zantac 150...which u can get over the counter....but i had medicade so the had a generic that worked wondering...also just keep a bottle of tums with u at all times.

also i dont know if its acid reflux that your haveing.....most wemon experience ALOT of acid when they're pregers....so u might just have really bad acid...but it doesn't mean u hvae acid reflux

but ya definatly talk to ur family doc or ob

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)