Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my poor baby!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2009 at 5:25 PM
  • 7 Replies

my son recently has had really dry skin. i only give him a bath every other night and i wash him with Johnson's cocoa butter baby wash. as soon as i take him out of the tub i put Johnson's lotion on him, but it still doesn't really help. the back of his legs, upper thighs, and the back of his arms are so dry and scaly that they get all red and seem to be painful sometimes. anyone else have to deal with this on their children? what did you do for it? do you think i should do anything differently?  he sees his doctor tomorrow for shots, can they do anything for him?

by on Feb. 8, 2009 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ladybuglove08
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2009 at 5:27 PM

My son has the same problem.  Our doc told us to use eucerin. 

happysnappy
by on Feb. 8, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Eucerin or Cetaphyl lotions are great!!

John 3:16 
AandCsmomBrandy
by on Feb. 8, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Wal-mart has a generic brand of Eucerin cream. I use this on my children. it works very well. you can also do oatmeal baths. make sure that when you finish his bath you rinse him off with fresh water. rinsing him with the bath water leaves soap on his skin and all soap is drying. good luck!!!

Trishintraining
by on Feb. 8, 2009 at 5:30 PM

My son is the same way. We give him a bath every third day, and use Aveeno as soon as he gets out. It helps  little.

Good luck!

Sunshine201
by on Feb. 8, 2009 at 5:31 PM

Same here.... try using Aveeno oatmeal bath and then some eucerin or Aquaphor lotion.Johnsons lotion contains alcohol in it and it further dries the skin...Good Luck.

Quoting ladybuglove08:

My son has the same problem.  Our doc told us to use eucerin. 

KatelynsMommy
by on Feb. 8, 2009 at 5:31 PM

My dd has had ezcema basically her whole life. I have to use simple baby bath to wash her (every other day) and we use eucerin when she is just dry and the dr gave us a steroid cream for flare ups.. Try to keep it simple.. sometimes that helps.

aidensmommy1105
by on Feb. 8, 2009 at 8:16 PM

use aquaphor. it works wonders. be careful holding him with it on cuz they get really slippery

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)