• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Cannot Believe She Said This

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:06 AM
  • 38 Replies

So, my BFFs oldest DD just turned 14 in January...now before i get jumped and told my MYOB, my BFFs girls are like mine. Ive been there more than thier fathers are....but the other night her 14 year old said she thinks she wants to be put on BC....i about lost my cool on that girl! She does NOT need to be having sex at 14...i did and got a 6lb baby boy out of it....(yeah i had a kid at 14)...i think this all started beacasuse DDs 15 year old step sister started havin sex, and her 17 year old step brother is having a baby in June....Ugh i jsut felt like MY heart hit my stomach when she said that!!!

Can you imagine....i mean shit! Im so glad my DD is only 17 months lol! Im hoping and praying she isnt like her mommy

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katie2007709
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:09 AM

no bashing or anything but at least she is trying to do it protected, not in any way saying BC is 100% or she should be having sex at 14 but at least she is trying to take precautions

Tired of being ignored??  Come join us at the post killahs!!  You will always get a response on your forums!! big smile mini

http://www.cafemom.com/group/97050

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:10 AM

Yeah, but like my BFF told her, by putting her on BC its saying that its ok for her to have sex...

Quoting katie2007709:

no basing or anything but at least she is trying to do it protected, not in any way saying BC is 100% or she should be having sex at 14 but at least she is trying to take precautions

Ciuplys
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:10 AM

slapping forehead

steph2884
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:11 AM

Tell her your story, tell her over and over why she shouldn't be having sex at her age. She's still just a kid, and there are so many other things to be doing other than having sex. Babies come from sex, even if you are on BC you can get pregnant. If she's going to have sex, and won't listen to you, I'd let her have the BC to try to prevent her from having a baby. You could also scare her by showing her a woman actually giving birth... that scared the crap out of me when I first saw it on tv... then when I saw my SIL giving birth... CRAZY!!

pregnancy calendar

baby

amybarnhart08
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:12 AM

Well it is bad to start sex that young but we all know that no matter what we do or say kids do it all the time. At least she is being honest, I would rather have a 14yo on BC than a pregnant 14 yo.

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:12 AM

I SO thought of that! I am due to have this baby in august, and im gonna tell my BFF to bring her in there...and see if she really wants to do that right now!

Quoting steph2884:

Tell her your story, tell her over and over why she shouldn't be having sex at her age. She's still just a kid, and there are so many other things to be doing other than having sex. Babies come from sex, even if you are on BC you can get pregnant. If she's going to have sex, and won't listen to you, I'd let her have the BC to try to prevent her from having a baby. You could also scare her by showing her a woman actually giving birth... that scared the crap out of me when I first saw it on tv... then when I saw my SIL giving birth... CRAZY!!

JudeandLucy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:13 AM

I think that ones a toughy.

On one hand, no she shouldn't be having sex. Two, if she is or decides to at least she's taking precautions and brought it up to an adult BEFORE she got pregnant.

joshlor2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:14 AM

totally agree talk with her tell he she needs to wait but by all means put her on the pills and explain to her and get the doctor to explain that she still needs to use a condom AND that she could still get pregnant

My dh and i have always agreed to be open and honest with our kids tell them enough to suffice them at the time and when the time comes to explain the importance of waiting but to also stress the importance of being safe....my kids will have acces to birth controll pills whatever it takes to keep them from becomming parents too soon 

Quoting katie2007709:

no bashing or anything but at least she is trying to do it protected, not in any way saying BC is 100% or she should be having sex at 14 but at least she is trying to take precautions

amybarnhart08

This is very true but if she doesnt put her on it and the girl continues to have sex she will probably end up pregnant...

Quoting missamanda86:

Yeah, but like my BFF told her, by putting her on BC its saying that its ok for her to have sex...

Quoting katie2007709:

no basing or anything but at least she is trying to do it protected, not in any way saying BC is 100% or she should be having sex at 14 but at least she is trying to take precautions

SunnyJoJo

Kids are going to have sex reguardless of what we think is ok for them or not. I'm glad she had the guts to come to her mother and ask for birthcontrol. BC is not telling your child it's ok to have sex, it's realizing that unless you lock them away in their bedroom forever they will have sex when they do, and it's helping make sure she doesn't have a baby at 14.

and no I'm not bashing you, I feel 14 is to young to have sex to. But if they are going to do it anyway why not encourage her to be safe about it.

In German Hasselhoff Means AWSOME!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)