Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else's LO wake up in the middle of the night to play with toys?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:12 AM
  • 8 Replies
My son just ran into his play room, bundled up his trucks and ran back into his room. Never saw me lol. He's only 20 months so I don't really mind, I just stuck my head in his room and he's just laying in bed whispering "vroom vroom" and playing with his trucks. So does anyone else's LO sneak toys in their rooms?

toddler boyParker (6-1-07) baby boyColten (1-15-09) 

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
caringmommyof2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:14 AM

LMAO OMG how funny my daughter is playing with her little brothers truck and singing hannha montanna song .. ohhh kids ;p;

odet.jpg caringmommyof2 picture by cagsiggymaker

trinsmom04
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:16 AM

My daughter does this constantly. The problem is- She NEVER sleeps!!!! So we ended up having to take any toys out of her room because of this. She doesn't leave her room to get toys though. Even without toys, she talks to herself and plays, lol.

Have a passion for photography and shoot in Maine? Check out my new group Central Maine Moms Photo Club @ http://www.cafemom.com/group/47762. Hope to see you there!

FDNYwife
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:19 AM

Their toys are kept in their rooms.  My sons do wake up at the oddest hours and play like its daytime though.

Acid

No toys, but my three year old has been waking up lately to ask for my help.

She needs me is all she can say.  I take her back into her room, get her blankets and pillow and cover her back up and she goes back to sleep. 

She has only been in her toddler bed for a month though, so I think she is getting used to being able to get out.

Its tough though, I take forever to fall asleep again. On the other hand, my husband who could fall asleep while being hit by a bus, goes right back to sleep and snores on top of that.

Only when the last tree has been cut down,
Only when the last river has been poisoned,
Only when the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.

— Cree Indian Prophecy

tydaniel

oh my gosh how cute. My son is 11 months and sometimes he will wake up in the middle of the night and want to play or read hes peekame Elmo book.

Brandy.B
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:21 AM

This is SO funny you just posted this because it's exactly what my DD who is also 20 months old does on a regular basis. Depending on the night, sometimes I just let her play and put her back in bed when she falls asleep on the floor.

I am a non-sugar coating, breastfeeding, church-going Christian, Childhood Abuse surviving, anti-death penalty, pro-life, disposable diapering, young LOVING mama of two, Madison Liliana Faye (6/20/07) and Isabelle Serenity Rose (11/12/08) and married to the best man in the world, my Samuel. :) Don't limit me to my signature characteristics and I won't limit you to yours. This is just the beginning. :)

Ajanee12
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:21 AM

well since Kains room looks like this.. he always goes to bed with a couple toys haha. but it never keeps him  awake. He is 18 months

natalieg
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:24 AM

LOL My son does it almost every night. I wake up to him playing quite a bit. He's 15 months & still in a crib.He was getting up and not wanting to go back to sleep a lot so we put a few toys in his crib every night along with the ones that are hooked to the top of the crib rails. A lot of times he'll wake up & turn on his rainforest soother and lay back down & go to sleep. I don't think we'll ever take that thing off of his crib!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)