Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new house renovations! your opinion wanted

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:19 AM
  • 28 Replies

So we bought a new house, final papers should be signed next week and I want to know what you would do with the place if it was you. I will post a link with pics. It doesn't show everything though. The things it doesnt show are the dining room area, our huge master bedroom, and sons bathroom. So what would you do with this space?

http://www.toledo-town.com/featured/pictour.asp?pno=117&pname=P117P

Oh, and I have decided to do the kitchen in a cupcake theme. Living room colors are blue, green, and brown. Not sure about my bedroom colors. LO's room is going to be done in john deere but with primary colors also. The extra "game room" I have no idea or no furniture for it so it is a blank space.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brooke208
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:32 AM

It would depend on the budget.  What I would do with $100k would be a lot different than what I would do with $5k. 

briana_paige
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:34 AM

Well right now we have a smaller budget but in the next few years we plan on putting alot of money into it. Oh, and I know the yard needs a complete overhaul! Just though I'd add that.

Quoting Brooke208:

It would depend on the budget.  What I would do with $100k would be a lot different than what I would do with $5k. 

NANA21
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:39 AM

I would maybe paint, and change the color on the fireplace, but overall, I think  you could get by doing nothing. It looks crisp and clean.  What part dont you like?

briana_paige
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:41 AM

What color do you think I should paint it? I'm really not sure. The fireplace is even more shocking in person. The only things I know I am doing right away are painting the kitchen cabinets, painting the kitchen walls, changing light fixtures in kitchen, dining, living, and sons bathroom. Other than that I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Quoting NANA21:

I would maybe paint, and change the color on the fireplace, but overall, I think  you could get by doing nothing. It looks crisp and clean.  What part dont you like?

NANA21
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:42 AM

Tile the fireplace, tile the kitchen and bathroom. That increases your investment bigtime!

Lanimom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:44 AM

Paint and tile.

I am a 32 yr. old mother and wife. I am married to the same man for 11 years, who is also the father to all 3 of our awesome kids. I have 2 girls and one boy that are full of energy and are awesome in Karate!! I am tattoed and pierced. I love God !! I am patient and very tolerant. We are a loud but fun ! We are all libras and scorpios!

briana_paige
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:44 AM

I plan on doing a tile backsplash in the kitchen in the near future just not asap. I was also thinking maybe instead of tile doing the square tins that you see in old homes. I'm not sure if you know what I'm talking about but it is so pretty. How would I tile the fireplace? Would it be pricey?

Quoting NANA21:

Tile the fireplace, tile the kitchen and bathroom. That increases your investment bigtime!

NANA21
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:45 AM

If you can afford it, Tile it inn a neautral travertine tile, a deep beige and brown mix, that would look awesome.

If you cant afford tile/travertine, then paint it a shade of beige, then paint the walls a darker beige. The in the book case, maybe do just the back walls brown and leave the shelves and all trim in a bright oil base white! I love those colors! Same thing in the kitchen, you would be suprised how good dark brown looks in a kitchen with bright white cabinets...just some thoughts!

Brooke208
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:46 AM

I think it's nice.  You could change a lot without spending a lot... we did that with our house so far.  Paint goes a long way.  Check out HGTV and websites like that for ideas.  It really depends on your taste and style!

NANA21
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:47 AM

Tiling the fireplace? no you just go but a couple sheets of hardy-back. Cut it to fit for place a drill it in place. Then get a all the stuff to tile it with. You could probably do it for about 500.00

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)