Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can someone tell me what just happened??

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:31 AM
  • 9 Replies

My 5yo has been sick all week with a head cold and has had stomach aches.

Just a while ago, she woke up calling me and saying 'no' and had been sweating. My first thought was that she had a bad dream and hadn't fully woke up. I bring her out to the kitchen and set her down in the chair. She is sitting up on her own_but here's the kicker....She keeps moaning no, no but nods when I ask her questions like do you hurt somewhere?... AT one point she says "I don't know." What concerns me the most is that she is really shaking and showing signs that she may vomit (I do this too) BUT she also at some points had a blank stare into my eyes. She was doing stiff hand gestures pointing away from her in different directions, tears started to flow, then I ask her if her hand hurts and she nodded 'yes.'

Soon she gagged and vomited just a spit and after a while started to calm down. I was able to make her crack a smile a couple times. Then she began to get sleepy again and wanted to lay down. She is in bed right now laying beside her daddy for comfort.

If it weren't for her still holding herself up, I would say she was about to have a seizure. Which led me to do some looking on the internet and found that there is a such thing as Simple Partial Seizures. She didn't have every sign/symptoms_but still_could it be?

Can anyone relate or help me with this?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
cabado2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:33 AM

maybe shes hallucinating. it happens when you get really sick.

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:35 AM

fevers can cause hallucinations if they get high enough. I have had them before when i was younger adn really sick and barely knew wtf was going on.

Stacie-Kim
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:35 AM

kind of sound like she was sleep walking?? I do it I have whole conversations with dh .. its scary when the kids do it they look right through you..

also she could just be having a bad dream and woke up and was shakey I can't move right some times when I get up..

you are her mother if you think there is something wrong in your gut take her to her doctor and MAKE them do tests.. you know her best.. 

shooting photokissing dad      

KittyD
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:36 AM

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

fevers can cause hallucinations if they get high enough. I have had them before when i was younger adn really sick and barely knew wtf was going on.

KittyD ~ Stop By My Page & Sign my Guest Book!

gitanomadre
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:37 AM

That happened to my son about a year ago almost exactly what you are discribing   I was so scared I called 911   The paramedics said it was a night terror ,  It never happened again      

AzaleaCheerMom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:42 AM

She's had night terrors before...my oldest did it too. That's why I took her into the kitchen where the lights were on. Just didn't work this time.

Also, she hadn't had any fever since Tuesday night, and it was just a low grade one.

Quoting gitanomadre:

That happened to my son about a year ago almost exactly what you are discribing   I was so scared I called 911   The paramedics said it was a night terror ,  It never happened again      

gitanomadre
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:44 AM

IDK  is she ok now ?

Quoting AzaleaCheerMom:

She's had night terrors before...my oldest did it too. That's why I took her into the kitchen where the lights were on. Just didn't work this time.

Also, she hadn't had any fever since Tuesday night, and it was just a low grade one.

Quoting gitanomadre:

Sirenabella
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:52 AM

If you are worried about a possible seizure you need to talk to a doctor / neurologist and go over exactly what happened. Seizures vary so much that nobody here could really tell you anything for sure.

AzaleaCheerMom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:55 AM

Yep, she's fine. She's cuddled up to her daddy, both of them snoring away. I'm thinking now that she is severely afraid of vomiting. She often says she doesn't like it and it scares her. The stomach flu is also going around. My poor baby.......

But just to close any gaps_because her grandma worries a lot, I may call her ped tomorrow (today) anyway, just to be sure and to at least say I did it.

Quoting gitanomadre:

IDK  is she ok now ?

Quoting AzaleaCheerMom:

Quoting gitanomadre:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)