Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why am I feeling like this?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:16 AM
  • 7 Replies

hi mommas. hopefully someone out there can tell me why i'm feeling like this or if its normal to feel like this. i'm 3 months pregnant. and omg. this pregnancy is taking such a toll on my body physically, mentally, and emotionally. i love my baby to death..i'm super excited about meeting him/her. But, i feel so damn sick , unhealthy. i went to the doctor cuz i had been having daily migraines..and she told me my blood pressure was super high. so she put me on meds..i also told her that for some time now i had been experiencing shortness of breath and wheezing..alot..i'm shredding cheese, and i feel like i just ran a marathon. i had also been having lots of pressure in the left side of the back of my head..and she told me that all these symptoms were because my pressure was so high, and that they would go away with the medicine. so, i went home hopeful...and after a few days, i was feeling a little better. but then one night, i just couldn't go to sleep because my heart was racing super fast and i had the pressure in the back of my head, but this time it was horrible.so i went to the er. and the dr that saw me was just mean..i explained to him what i was feeling and he just looked at me like if i was stupid..and told me i was alright..even though my pressure was very high..178/103..after some persistance on my part..he did an ekg..and took some blood..everything came back normal..except that he heard that one of my lungs sounded abnormal..and that this was the reason i was probably experiencing the wheezing and shortness of breath. he told me he wasn't going to do anything about it and that i'd just have to deal with it..i was so stunned..i couldn't believe his words..so i just went home and decided to get an appt with my family dr. she upped my dose on blood pressure meds..and told me to hang in there..but seriously ladies..i feel so bad..and this gets me frustrated, and i end up screaming at my hubby for no reason..he doesn't deserve it..i have a 16month old..and i can't even play with her..cuz i'm huffing and puffing for air..its not even funny. i wake up with headaches, or that stupid pressure in the bak of my head..i don't know what to do anymore mamas..i see moms my age or older with their families and kids, and i want that..their lives seem so perfect..and they seem so healthy..whats wrong with me? i'm pregnant so tests that can be done to me are limited..i really don't want to feel like this anymore..i'm so stressed out ......please help me mamas..anyone ever felt this way? is it normal? please help...

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
pricelesslove24
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:20 AM

No ma'am thats not normal. I am suprised that they havent enduced you yet. That is dangerous for the baby and you. you may need to go to labor and delivery to get a second opinion.

Mom to Kelvin (5)&Chelsea(15m) Wife to Lance(26).

mayra_07
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:23 AM

thanks for answering mama. i'm just 3months pregnant so i  don't think they'd induce me yet.but i am sure they will at the end of my pregnancy..

Quoting pricelesslove24:

No ma'am thats not normal. I am suprised that they havent enduced you yet. That is dangerous for the baby and you. you may need to go to labor and delivery to get a second opinion.

pricelesslove24
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:25 AM

im sorry i didnt mean induce. that would be kinda crazy. but you should get checked out because that is not healthy at all. there is so much at risk. I would get a second opion if i were you and maybe a new doctor.

lenalove
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:31 AM

it sounds like you may have a tension headache and you are stressed out. i get them at the back of my neck, and it kills. will your hubby watch your other child so you can nap in the afternoon, read a book, or take a nice long bath? try to relax

mayra_07
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:49 AM

bump

pricelesslove24
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:41 AM

bump

cayleybre
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:53 AM

What about seeing a cardiologist?  I work for  one and I see prego women coming in alot with SOB (shortness of breath) and uncontrolled blood pressure.  Just a thought...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)