Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He's Not Hurting Anymore

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:14 AM
  • 29 Replies

feb.12th, 2009. Dad left us around 5 am this morning. He was 48 years old. We never got to say goodbye or tell him we love him, but he knew. And he's not hurting anymore. He kept telling my stepmom that he just wanted to go home to heaven and he just wanted the hurting to stop. He was ready to go. And he did. The paramedics did all they could, but he flatlined in the ambulance. They worked on him for an hour in the ER, but told my stepmom there was nothing more they could do. His youngest child, Douglas James JR, is only 11 years old. My stepmom is a widow at 38 years old. By the time we all got there, he had been gone for awhile. All's we could do was sit with him. He looked like he was sleeping, I just kept wating for him to wake up. But he's not waking up again.

Tell your parents, children, family that you love them, because you NEVER KNOW when they'll be taken from you.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
logansmom87
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:18 AM

Im so sorry for your loss.im sorry

April & Mark

~Proud Parents of Logan James~

Jaismomma
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:19 AM

i'm sorry for your loss.

yngmomma21833
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:20 AM

sadI am so sorry I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

duke25fan
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:21 AM

My heart breaks for you. I lost my dad 22 years ago, he was hit by a car while crossing the street. It still feels like a dream sometimes.

I am so very sorry for your loss and will keep you and your family in my prayers.

(((Hugs)))

proud_mami_of_3
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:22 AM

I'm sorry for your loss, at least your family can find some peace knowing he's not suffering anymore..... and that he is in heaven . My prayers are w/ you and your family

meagrandma

I don't know the specifics here. But enough. I am sorry for your loss.
Was he sick or in pain for a long time? I know it is so hard to lose someone we love. It is those *left* that suffer. You mention in your post that he said he wanted to go. Please try and remember that. Sometimes what we want,is not always whats right. I wish that in time you find peace and comfort. I will keep you in my prayers.
Blessed be,Mea

Eveshalloween

Im so sorry for your loss :( my prayers are with your family!

wifedoll
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:28 AM

I am sorry for your loss but I think it's a blessing that your Father isn't hurting anymore. I will be praising God for giving you and your family strength for the days ahead, comfort as you go through this difficult time and peace of mind as you go through the grieving process.

I have lost both my Father and my Stepfather so I can understand and empathize with what you are feeling and going through right now. When you're ready to talk or just need me to listen, I'll be here.

I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers,,,

MomofDos
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:34 AM

I am SOOOO sorry for your loss :(.  He was very young, but God must have needed an angel.  An if he was hurting so much, then it was probably best.  He'll ALWAYS be with all of you, in your hearts and souls.

God bless you and ur entire family....your dad will be in my prayers tonite.  Much hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)